November 5, 2010 (Scottsdale, Ariz.)- Three and a half weeks remain in the second-annual Best Of Our Valley Contest! Though many categories are tough battles, a few categories are seeing enormous numbers of votes. The top five categories currently with the most votes are Top Twitterer, Best Band, Most Fashionable Female Over 30, Best Design Firm and Best Realtor, respectively.
Each week we take a look at the tight races in two categories- There are mighty close scores in Health & Self categories, including:
- Best Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon- Dr. Robert Cohen with 30.01% of votes, and Dr. Brian Gawley with 32.24% of votes
- Best Mani/Pedi- Bliss Spa with 34.18% of votes, and Alvadora Spa at the Royal Palms, with 20.76% of votes
- Best Salon- Mood Swings Salon with 45.21% of votes, and Dolce Salon & Spa with 36.97% of votes
Tight races in Home & Design include:
- Best Custom Homebuilder- Argue Custom Homes with 29.63% of votes, and Red Rock Contractors with 27.62% of votes
- Best Furniture/Home Store- Bungalow with 32.78% of votes and Palavela Home, with 29.67% of votes
- Best Homebuilding Company- Rosewood Homes with 49.08% and Shea Homes with 49.69% of votes
For a month straight, Top Twitterer candidate Johnjay Van Es has the most votes of all nominees- and with that comes an awesome prize.
The one Best Of Our Valley nominee with the most total votes at the end of the two-month long contest will be dubbed "The Coolest Thing in the Valley" and be featured on the cover of the Best Of Our Valley March 2011 issue in an Arizona Foothills-styled shoot. Voting began October 1 at 12:00:01 p.m. and concludes November 30 at 11:59:59 a.m., with one vote per computer per day permitted. For full Rules & Regulations, click here.
Each year AZFoothills.com asks readers what their favorites are, offering thousands of options chosen by nominations, editors and focus groups. The contest is answered with millions of votes that determine the Valley's favorites. The best of each category this year will be featured in the March 2011 issue, a tell-all guide to the coolest people and places in the Valley of the Sun.
AZFoothills.com is the Valley's fastest-growing Web site. Arizona Foothills Magazine and AZFoothills.com are dedicated to providing resourceful information on dining, entertainment, homes, fashion, culture and events in Arizona. Arizona Foothills Magazine is published monthly and is audited by an accredited outside company.
Scottsdale-based Media That Deelivers, Inc. (www.mediathatdeelivers.com) is a leading luxury magazine publisher that produces the monthly Arizona Foothills Magazine, AZFoothills.com and EstatesWest.com. The company also publishes an array of custom products for world-renowned organizations like The Westin Kierland.