With summer in full swing, cooler weather is the furthest thing from our minds. However, fall will be here before we know it, and, with it, comes the great fall fashion we all look forward to. And what's not to love about it, really? There's layering, accessorizing and, of course, the boots. Yes, come autumn, we kick our flip-flops to the curb, and dive into all the great shoes of the season.
So, what killer footwear can we look forward to this fall? Keep reading to find out!
No fall wardrobe is complete without a great pair (or, let's be honest, a dozen pairs) of boots. Indeed the right boot can take any outfit to the next level, and, with the right styling, can be worn with virtually anything. Keep your eyes peeled for great styles like the following:
- Over-the-knee boots. Cute and cozy, yet undeniably sexy, the over-the-knee boot will definitely be in high demand this fall. For a chic, streamlined look, go for basic black and a skinny heel; for a more comfy, laid-back vibe, stick to low heels and plush fabrics.
- Ankle boots. Great with skinny jeans or office attire, the ankle boot is a must-have for autumn. For nights out, choose a kitten or stiletto heel and pair with tights or your favorite denim. And don't forget to accessorize!
- Motorcycle boots. Nothing says cool like a great pair of motorcycle boots. This season, go for a pair that hits just above the ankle, and look for bold embellishments like buckles, straps and studs. Wear them with boyfriend jeans or skinnies, or, to shake things up, pair with a flowing, ladylike dress.
For most shoe lovers, nothing is better than a great pair of pumps. This fall, fancy up your feet with styles like these:
- Chunky heels. Good news for all you lovers of 90's fashion: chunky heels are making a huge comeback. So, if stilettos aren't your thing, you can slip on a pair of chunky-heeled pumps, and enjoy the confidence of heels without the precariousness or discomfort of stilettos.
- Strappy pumps. T-straps, Mary Janes and other strappy styles are on the short list of great fall footwear options. Pair them with skirts, dresses, denim...basically, anything you want. Susan Itzkowitz of Marc Fisher LTD might recommend a patent pump with crisscross straps, or strappy pumps in metallic gold or silver. Susan Itzkowitz, president of Marc Fisher footwear, is associated with tons of great fall styles, including some of the hottest pumps of the season.
- Statement heels. Can your look be described as bold or unconventional? Statement pumps are just the thing for the more avant garde fashionistas, so set your sights on funky heel shapes, bright colors, bold patterns and eye-catching embellishments like crystals or beading.
Flats are a wardrobe staple, the entire year 'round. And, this autumn, styles like the following will help you run errands in style, without sacrificing comfort.
- The oxford. Oxford flats are a go-to for stylish ladies on the run. Go casual with jeans and a slouchy sweater, or wear oxfords with tights and a miniskirt.
- Ballet flats. Cute and comfortable, yet chic and cool, the ballet flat is a must-have for fall. Basic black is standard, but you can also add some pizzazz to your collection with Mary Janes, bright colors, spectator flats or great patterns like houndstooth or chevron.
- Moccasins. Stylish, comfy and definitely of the moment, moccasin flats are a great way to bring a warm-weather vibe into the cooler months of autumn. Pair these styles with jeans and your favorite t-shirt, add a blazer and some accessories, and you have the perfect outfit for a weekend of shopping and errand-running.
Fall is just around the corner. Arguably the best season for fashion, autumn is the time to let your style personality shine. And with the footwear tips provided here, you can up your wardrobe game with the hottest styles of the season.