November 12, 2010 (Scottsdale, Ariz.)- In fewer than 20 days, we'll have our Best Of Our Valley winners decided! Arizona Foothills can hardly wait, and we bet our voters are looking forward to it, too.
Each week we take a look at the tight races in a few categories- Looks like the People are taking it personally, as there are lots of categories that are toss-ups:
- Marketing Guru- Kendra Schultz has 29.17% of votes, and Melissa Rein holds 19.19% of votes
- Most Fashionable in the Valley over 30- Cathyanne Cockrill holds 27.52% of votes, Julie Chambers trails with 23.96% of votes
- Most Fashionable in the Valley under 30- Three are close in this category- Amanda Szot 16.69% of votes, Emilie Andrews with 14.82%, Molly Maguth 15.88%
- Most Influential Man in the Valley- Bob Parsons has % and is neck-and-neck with 32.84% and Jerry Colangelo with 32.10% of votes
Tight races in Shopping include:
- Best Local Boutique- Loveland Boutique leads with 29.90% of votes, Muse Boutique has 26.03% of votes
- Best Discount Store- E&J's Designer Shoe Warehouse with 34.84% of votes and Nordstrom Rack with 32.38%
- Debate of the Century (Best Fashion Week)- Phoenix Fashion Week with 50.52% of votes and Scottsdale Fashion Week with 49.48& of votes
For more than a month, Top Twitterer candidate Johnjay Van Es has the most votes of all nominees- and with that comes an awesome prize.
The one Best Of Our Valley nominee with the most total votes at the end of the two-month long contest will be dubbed "The Coolest Thing in the Valley" and be featured on the cover of the Best Of Our Valley March 2011 issue in an Arizona Foothills-styled shoot. Voting began October 1 at 12:00:01 p.m. and concludes November 30 at 11:59:59 a.m., with one vote per computer per day permitted. For full Rules & Regulations, click here.
Each year AZFoothills.com asks readers what their favorites are, offering thousands of options chosen by nominations, editors and focus groups. The contest is answered with millions of votes that determine the Valley's favorites. The best of each category this year will be featured in the March 2011 issue, a tell-all guide to the coolest people and places in the Valley of the Sun.
AZFoothills.com is the Valley's fastest-growing Web site. Arizona Foothills Magazine and AZFoothills.com are dedicated to providing resourceful information on dining, entertainment, homes, fashion, culture and events in Arizona. Arizona Foothills Magazine is published monthly and is audited by an accredited outside company.
Scottsdale-based Media That Deelivers, Inc. (www.mediathatdeelivers.com) is a leading luxury magazine publisher that produces the monthly Arizona Foothills Magazine, AZFoothills.com and EstatesWest.com. The company also publishes an array of custom products for world-renowned organizations like The Westin Kierland.