October 15, 2010 (Scottsdale, Ariz.)- The second week of voting for Best Of Our Valley 2011 is complete, and we have some tight races! This week's top vote-getter, who currently is in the lead to win the cover of the March 2011 issue, is "Top Twitterer"
Johnjay Van Es has pulled ahead with 51.74% of votes with some Web marketing and the help of a few celebrities who have been pulling for him on Twitter. Our favorite tweets include:
- Singer Selena Gomez tweeted to her 3.1 million followers: "Hey @JohnJayVanEs from JohnJay and Rich is competeing for top Twitterer click here to vote for him!!! http://bit.ly/awNYMB"
- American Idol Jordin Sparks tweeted to her 656,026 followers: "My boy @JohnJayVanEs from JohnJay & Rich is competeing for top Twitterer!! Click here 2 vote for him!!! http://bit.ly/awNYMB :)"
- Singer Jesse McCartney tweeted to his 288,672 followers: "Vote for my buddy @JohnJayVanEs from JohnJay and Rich for top twitterer http://tinyurl.com/32hsl73 !!!"
- Enrique Iglesias tweeted to 271,802 followers: "Vote for my friend @JohnjayVanEs for Top Twitterer! http://arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/best-of-our-valley-2011/voting/112.html?msg=voted"
- Kurt Warner, who is currently competing on ABC's Dancing With the Stars, tweeted to 59,862 followers: "Best Twitterer, vote 4 my man @JohnJayVanEs http://arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/best-of-our-valley-2011/voting/112.html?msg=voted #fb"
- Gilles Marini of ABC's Brother's and Sisters tweeted to 22,642 followers: "vote for my friend @JohnjayVanEs for best Twitterer! http://arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/best-of-our-valley-2011/voting/112.html?msg=voted"
- Olympian Amanda Beard tweeted to her 7,838 followers: "Vote for my friend @JohnjayVanEs for best Twitterer! http://arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/best-of-our-valley-2011/voting/112.html?msg=voted"
"Its just an honor to be nominated," said Johnjay Van Es when asked for comment, "That's crap! I wanna win this thing! :) Follow me @johnjayvanes."
Mike Shaldjian (@Lafinguy) is in second place for Top Twitterer with 36.36% of votes, dropping down from first place last week. Runners-up include Julie Chambers with 35.88% and Aimee Josette with 23.09%, both competing for for Most Stylish; and The Hamptons, who are in the leading the Best Band category with 46.36% of votes.
The one Best Of Our Valley nominee with the most total votes at the end of the two-month long contest will be dubbed "The Coolest Thing in the Valley" and be featured on the cover of the Best Of Our Valley March 2011 issue in an Arizona Foothills-styled shoot. Voting began October 1 at 12:00:01 p.m. and concludes November 30 at 11:59:59 a.m., with one vote per computer per day permitted. For full Rules & Regulations, click here.
Each year AZFoothills.com asks readers what their favorites are, offering thousands of options chosen by nominations, editors and focus groups. The contest is answered with millions of votes that determine the Valley's favorites. The best of each category this year will be featured in the March 2011 issue, a tell-all guide to the coolest people and places in the Valley of the Sun.
AZFoothills.com is the Valley's fastest-growing Web site. Arizona Foothills Magazine and AZFoothills.com are dedicated to providing resourceful information on dining, entertainment, homes, fashion, culture and events in Arizona. Arizona Foothills Magazine is published monthly and is audited by an accredited outside company.
Scottsdale-based Media That Deelivers, Inc. (www.mediathatdeelivers.com) is a leading luxury magazine publisher that produces the monthly Arizona Foothills Magazine, AZFoothills.com and EstatesWest.com. The company also publishes an array of custom products for world-renowned organizations like The Westin Kierland.