Events: Arizona - Phoenix - Scottsdale
- Theater Works Presents GYPSY
- 09.15.2017 - 09.16.2017
- Peoria Center for the Performing Arts - Peoria
- Performing Arts Events
Gypsy takes us back to the 1920’s and 30’s, a pivotal time for performing arts in America, when the vaudeville circuit was dying and audience tastes were changing. Gypsy brings the memoirs of entertainer Gypsy Rose Lee to life through the book by Arthur Laurents (West Side Story), music by Jule Styne (Peter Pan), and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim (Sweeney Todd). Considered by many to be one of Broadway’s all-time triumphs, Gypsy tells the story of ambitious showbiz mother Rose, who travels across the country with her daughters June and Louise, in search of success with their homespun vaudeville act. As times change, Rose is forced to accept the demise of vaudeville and the rise of burlesque, as well as her daughters’ desires for autonomy.
- Gypsy will be presented in the Gyder Theater at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts: 10580 N. 83rd Drive, Peoria, AZ 85345. Performance dates are September 8-24, 2017. Show times are 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights (September 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23), Sundays at 2 p.m. (September 10, 17, and 24), two Saturday matinees at 3 p.m. (September 16 and 23), and one Wednesday matinee at 2 p.m. on September 13.
- Single tickets are $38; discounts available for seniors, students, and groups.
- Season tickets (until Sept. 8) and Flex passes are available for the 2017-18 Season. To purchase tickets or find out more about Theater Works productions, contact the Box Office at (623) 815-7930 or visit theaterworks.org.