Events: Arizona - Phoenix - Scottsdale
- Tim Huff Pro Bono Golf Classic
- 04.10.2021 07.30AM
- Legacy Golf Resort - Phoenix
- Charity/Benefit Events
The Tim Huff Pro Bono Golf Classic benefits the Maricopa County Bar Foundation and Volunteer Lawyers Program, which supports low-income families who are in need of civil legal services. Each year, the Volunteer Lawyers Program helps more than 10,000 people in Maricopa County.
The Volunteer Lawyers Program was founded in 1993 through the Maricopa County Bar Foundation. Shortly after the inception of the VLP, Tim Huff spearheaded the idea of creating a Pro-Bono option for those community members who were in desperate need of legal assistance, but who could not afford it. Fast forward more than 25 years, and the good of the "Pro-Bono Option" is continuing strong. A few ways the VLP helps our community are the following:
- More than 5,000 people a year get free family law advice from volunteer lawyers.
- Over 200 children annually have volunteer lawyers speak on their behalf in family court as well as over 300 families who cannot afford legal help.
- The VLP also provides legal advice and reassurance to seniors who are intimidated by debt collectors.
Please help us continue these efforts by participating this in years Tim Huff Pro Bono Golf Classic!