Events: Arizona - Phoenix - Scottsdale
- Southeast Arizona Wine Growers Festival
- Kief-Joshua Vineyards - Scottsdale
- Food & Wine Events
The Sixth Annual Arizona Wine Growers Festival will be held at Kief-Joshua Vineyards April 22nd& 23rd in Sonoita, Arizona. This two-day event will feature many opportunities to not only learn more about Arizona’s World-class wines, but also experience a weekend in beautiful Sonoita, Arizona.
Location- Kief-Joshua Vineyards
370 Elgin Road, Elgin, AZ 85611
Date: April 22nd & 23rd
Time: 11am-5pm daily
The weekend’s events will include:
· A celebration of the 33rd anniversary of Arizona’s Original and only American Viticulture Area (AVA). The Sonoita AVA was one of the first winegrowing regions in the United States to be granted AVA status.
· New wine releases from the acclaimed winemakers of Arizona’s top 18 wineries.
· Food Vendors and Live Music
· The Chili Appreciation Society (CASI) will host a regional two-day professional chili cook-off. Attendees will cast their vote in the People’s Choice Competition with proceeds benefitting Rotary International.
Participating wineries include: Kief-Joshua Vineyards, Alcantra Winery and Vineyard, Keeling Schaefer Vineyards, Arizona Stronghold, Lightning Ridge Cellars, Page Spring Cellars, Zarpara Vineyard and Winery, Callaghan Vineyards, Passion Cellars, AZ Hops and Vines, Burning Tree, SuVino Winery, Pillsbury Wines, Village of Elgin Winery, Golden Rule Vineyards, Sonoita Vineyards, Coronado Vineyards, and Carlson Creek Vineyard.
USA Today has recognized this vibrant wine-growing region as one of the Top 10 Wine Trails in the United States.
“We are once again bringing together winemakers from all across Arizona. This year we want to celebrate that on October 26, 1984 the Sonoita/Elgin Wine Growing Region was granted AVA status, making it one of oldest federal government granted viticulture areas in the United States.” – Kief Manning, Winemaker, Kief-Joshua Vineyards