Events: Arizona - Phoenix - Scottsdale
- “Chopped” Host Ted Allen Coming to The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show
- Arizona State Fairgrounds - Phoenix
- Family Events
“Chopped” host Ted Allen will bring his culinary mysteries to The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show in April. The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show takes place Friday, April 28 through Sunday, April 30 at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
On Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, two local chefs will go head-to-head in the Secret Ingredient Cooking Challenge hosted by Allen. The chefs will be given a mystery basket of Arizona-based ingredients to create a culinary masterpiece worthy of a five-star restaurant. After the challenge, Allen will meet-and-greet with Home Show guests.
In addition to Allen’s appearance, the Home Show is packed with DIY seminars, handmade works by local artisans, a student design competition, thousands of ways to improve your home and so much more.
Give Your Space a Spring Refresh at the Maricopa County Home & Garden Show. Meet “Chopped” Host Ted Allen, Shop Local Artisans, Attend Free DIY Seminars and More on April 28-30 at the Arizona State Fairgrounds
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, the largest home show in the Southwest, returns to the Arizona State Fairgrounds from Friday, April 28 through Sunday, April 30 with an endless list of ways to reinvent your home for spring.
“The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show is all about inspiration, and you’ll find it at every turn during the April show,” said Katie Jones, Maricopa County Home Show manager. “This event offers thousands of ways to get your space ready for spring, from gardening to landscaping to keeping your home cool in the summer.”
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, complete with thousands of home improvement, design and landscaping products and services offered at exclusive pricing.
Unique Show Attractions which are free with admission include:
- Meet “Chopped” host Ted Allen – Meet-and-greet with Allen after the Secret Ingredient Cooking Challenge on Saturday and Sunday.
- Secret Ingredient Cooking Challenge – Watch two local chefs go head-to-head in a cook-off featuring Arizona-based ingredients from 12 to 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Main Stage.
- The “He Shed She Shed” Competition – Local design students will compete to create the ultimate backyard retreat using sheds from Tuff Shed and a $1,000 budget.
- Make Your Own Bath Bombs – FREE class from Arizona Handmade Soaps will teach you to craft customized vegan bath bombs from start to finish.
- FREE DIY Seminars – Learn how to build a barn door, install your own putting green and turf, plant a fruitful herb garden and more with daily seminars from local experts.
- Local Artisan Home Décor Marketplace – Shop unique local artisans for handmade items, including home décor, personal care, innovative art and more.
- Discover Europe’s Finest Wines – FREE wine tastings held throughout the show.
- A Pet Lover’s Must-See – Witness amazing obedience demonstrations from Dog Training Elite.
Enjoy this event Friday, April 28 through Sunday, April 30. Friday and Saturday is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Arizona State Fairgrounds – 1826 W. McDowell Rd., Phoenix
General Admission is $8 daily for adults, kids ages 3-12 are $3, children 2 and younger are free. Senior Morning is on Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., admission for guests 60 and older is $1. Customer Appreciation free admission is on Friday evening between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Military Appreciation is half off admission with valid military identification all three days.
Donate & Save: Donate five of the following items for one FREE ticket to the show: Canned fruit or vegetables, peanut butter, canned beans, canned or vacuum-packed tuna or a case of bottled water. Donations benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance.
Onsite parking: Onsite parking for a fee. A large food court and ATMs are also on site for your convenience.
For more information about the Maricopa County Home & Landscape Show, call 602.485.1691 or visit MChomeshows.com. Follow them on Facebook at facebook.com/HomeShows.