Events: Arizona - Phoenix - Scottsdale
- 13th Annual Salsa Festival
- Copper Sky Regional Park - Maricopa
- Food & Wine Events
CITY OF MARICOPA HOLDS 13th ANNUAL SALSA FESTIVAL ON SATURDAY, MARCH 25
Festival expected to attract more than 10,000 salsa lovers
Who’s feeling spicy? Or does mild or medium tickle your taste buds? Not sure? Well, the City of Maricopa expects to help more than 10,000 people find their salsa-selves at its 13th annual Salsa Festival on Saturday, March 25, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Copper Sky Regional Park.
The centerpiece of the event is a salsa competition that will bring together salsa masters, who will spice and dice their way into battle to earn the crown of ultimate salsa champion. The highly-competitive challenge will award $1,000 for the best overall salsa; cash prizes for the second-place and third-place salsa finishers; and a cash prize for the most festive Salsa Festival booth. The public will have an opportunity at the festival to vote for their favorite picks.
In addition to the competition, the Salsa Festival will have a wide range of activities for the whole family, including:
- A Little Pepper Zone, where children will have a chance to play games, participate in fun activities and play on a variety of bouncers and inflatables;
- Various food and drink vendors, including a beer garden;
- Live music spanning eight decades, with everything from classics to country, today's top 40, and 80's dance music from local band “About Last Nite,” the festival’s musical headliner;
- Live, traditional and contemporary Mexican and Latin music, featuring local community group performances, and some traditional Ballet Folklorico performances;
- A Vendor Village, full of fabulous food, beverages and a mix of local businesses, showcasing a range of goods and services; and
- Exciting entertainment performances showcasing the City of Maricopa’s finest talent.
The City of Maricopa’s Salsa Festival is open to the general public. While admission is free, there is a nominal charge for unlimited play in the Little Pepper Zone (a child 3 years of age or older is $5, and children 2 years old and younger are free) and the salsa-tasting voting kits ($1 per kit).
On-site parking for the event is $5; however, free shuttles will be stationed at local elementary schools from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. to transport guests to and from the event. For more details, visit: www.maricopa-az.gov/web/salsa-mapresources. The Salsa Festival will take place on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. with salsa tastings until 6 p.m. at Cooper Sky Regional Park. The address for the event is 44345 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., City of Maricopa near John Wayne Parkway and Bowlin Road.
The City of Maricopa is where you can experience the best of Arizona. Located just 30 minutes from Sky Harbor Airport, Maricopa has a relaxing, small-town vibe that makes you feel welcome and right at home. Here, you can enjoy mountain views, outdoor trails, and dramatic sunsets.
The Maricopa Economic Development Alliance (MEDA) is Maricopa’s private-public partnership for economic development. As a 501(c)3 corporation, the organization champions strategies and solutions that foster economic growth and prosperity in the City of Maricopa by bringing together the business, government, education and civic sectors.
For more information about the Salsa Festival, visit www.maricopa-az.gov/web/salsa-festival