October 23, 2010 (Scottsdale, Ariz.)- The third week of voting for Best Of Our Valley 2011 is complete, and Valley businesses are organizing. Companies and people who haven't been voting are catching up, and the tables are turning! This week we're taking a look at especially tight races in the Arts & Entertainment and Companies & Professionals categories:
Arts & Entertainment Tight Races
- Best Gala- Epilepsy Foundation's Mardi Gras Gala with 16.7% of votes, Phoenix Suns' Suns & Stars Gala with 25.86% of votes
- Best Automobile Auction- Russo & Steele with 53.15% of votes, Barrett-Jackson with 45.65% of votes
- Best Country Radio Station- KMLE 107.9 with 50.52% of votes, KNIX 102.5 with 49.48% of votes
- Best Radio Station- 104.7 KISS with 19.19% of votes, 91.5 KJZZ with 14.65% of votes
- Favorite Local Daytime Show- Smart Family ABC15 with of 29.75% votes, Your Life A to Z with 31.01% of votes
- Favorite Local Blog- ModernPhoenix.net with 25.63% of votes, EricEatsOut.com with 27.56% of votes.
Companies & Professionals Tight Races
- Best Advertising Agency- The Taka Group with 29.94% of votes and Zion & Zion with 35.39% of votes
- Best Bankruptcy Law- Engelman Berger PC with 37.23% of votes, Jaburg and Wilk PC with 41.49% of votes
- Best Catering- Fabulous Food with 28,64% of votes, The Herb Box Catering Co with 31.60% of votes
- Best Graphic Design- Avenue 25 Web & Design with of 39.32% of votes, IC Design with 39.19% of votes
- Best Photographer- Events- Darrylee Cohen & Perfect Party Pictures with 24.37% of votes, Mike Benedetto & Moments Frozen with 21.16% of votes
- Family Law- Gloria Cales with 49.45% of votes, Steve Serrano with 49.26% of votes
The voter with the most votes, who is currently in the lead to win the cover of the March issue, is Top Twitterer Candidate Johnjay Van Es.
The one Best Of Our Valley nominee with the most total votes at the end of the two-month long contest will be dubbed "The Coolest Thing in the Valley" and be featured on the cover of the Best Of Our Valley March 2011 issue in an Arizona Foothills-styled shoot. Voting began October 1 at 12:00:01 p.m. and concludes November 30 at 11:59:59 a.m., with one vote per computer per day permitted. For full Rules & Regulations, click here.
Each year AZFoothills.com asks readers what their favorites are, offering thousands of options chosen by nominations, editors and focus groups. The contest is answered with millions of votes that determine the Valley's favorites. The best of each category this year will be featured in the March 2011 issue, a tell-all guide to the coolest people and places in the Valley of the Sun.
AZFoothills.com is the Valley's fastest-growing Web site. Arizona Foothills Magazine and AZFoothills.com are dedicated to providing resourceful information on dining, entertainment, homes, fashion, culture and events in Arizona. Arizona Foothills Magazine is published monthly and is audited by an accredited outside company.
Scottsdale-based Media That Deelivers, Inc. (www.mediathatdeelivers.com) is a leading luxury magazine publisher that produces the monthly Arizona Foothills Magazine, AZFoothills.com and EstatesWest.com. The company also publishes an array of custom products for world-renowned organizations like The Westin Kierland.