It’s impossible to enjoy a three-day weekend without a burger in hand. The pros at Burger Theory, the newest burger restaurant in Phoenix, offer up tips to perfect your at-home grilling technique this Memorial Day weekend.
- Before you begin grilling, decide which type of patty you will be using. Beef, chicken, veggie, turkey? Once you have decided you are all set to begin grilling.
- When getting ready to grill any kind of meat, take it out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before putting in on the grill. This allows for the meat to brown and caramelize more evenly.
- Once you place your patty on the hot grill, leave it alone and allow it to sizzle. Give it a chance to sear and seal in those tasty juices. When you are able to easily life your patty off the grill, it is ready to be flipped.
- When your meat is grilled to your liking, take if off of the grill and let it rest. Set your meat aside, cover it with aluminum foil and allow the juices in the meat to redistribute. If you cut into the burger before allowing the meat to rest, all of the juices will come out and your meat will be dry.
- Once your burger is grilled to perfection, spice it up with unique toppings like garlic mayo, goat cheese, grilled veggies or even coleslaw.