Is life getting in the way and preventing you from moving forward, or is it your mindset that needs an adjustment? Either way, it is possible to move on and achieve the goals and dreams you think about every day. You are in control of your life and your journey to success.
Life brings many challenges. As we move forward, we are stopped in our tracks by mind blocks. What do I mean?
Some of the mind blocks that come to mind and that I deal with on a day-to-day basis as a Health and Wellness Life Coach are:
- Past traumas
- Unlearning (disregarding something from your memory, labelling, bad habits, behavioural patterns)
- Lack of self believe and confidence
Mind blocks are very clever at stopping you move forward in life, disrupting relationships and careers, allowing them to sabotage hopes and dreams, guiding us down unwanted paths, and facing unwelcoming challenges.
We know we must adapt and follow certain habits and behaviors when trying to create and live a healthier lifestyle, but mind blocks can slow us down without warning. Many of our mind blocks come from earlier times, like childhood or some trauma we encountered. These mind blocks can be deep-rooted preventing, you from achieving your goals and living the life you want and desire.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you take that next step towards a healthier and more fulfilling lifestyle:
- Put yourself first – Everything starts with you. You come first because you must lead the way. This journey of life is yours. You must be in control of where you are going and how you are going to get there. Stand tall, be proud of who you are. You hold the reigns of your life. It is about your standards, your values, your choices and your decisions.
- Look at what is good and positive in your life right now – Recognising the good things in your life is key to your health and wellness journey. Have you just started a new job or got a work promotion? Are you are in a great relationship? When you recognise the good and positive things around you, it helps prepare you for the road ahead, motivating you to push a little harder to achieve goals and create a healthier lifestyle.
- Recognise past successes – When life is a blur, it is easy to forget successes in life and be proud of what you have achieved. So, take some time out, reflect on how far you have come and the achievements that helped you get there. Focus on those successes to help move you to the next level of achievement and remove your mind blocks. As parents, it is easy to dismiss the raising of your children, putting them through college, or studying and qualifications you have gained. Maybe you are a great chef and created some exquisite dishes or started your own business. Recognise these proud moments, use them to pave your way forward in life.
- Set yourself a personal goal – When life is a struggle, it can harm your general health and wellbeing. We do not tend to notice the impact until it is too late. Working on your physical and inner strength will also help with your emotional wellbeing. Start by setting yourself a realistic goal:
- Work on becoming more active by setting yourself a weekly or monthly fitness goal (keep it simple).
- Challenge yourself, step out of your comfort zone with a healthy eating plan, yoga, or meditation. Keeping your goal simple makes it more achievable.
- Commit to your needs and wants – Determine what you want for yourself and your future because only you can make it happen. What kind of lifestyle do you desire? Make it happen by creating a vision board of where you see yourself in the future. Alternatively, start a journal and commit to writing in it every day. Watch your new life unfold before your eyes.
- Start slowly, take one day at a time – there is no need to rush, you are not in competition with anyone. Just work on one day at a time. The key is to commit, be consistent and keep it simple, do not overstretch yourself. A little each day will soon start to show some great results. Remember, be patient and keep it simple. Taking these small steps, you will begin to see the rewards.
- Stay connected with yourself – You are in control of every choice and decision that you make. You have the power! Make the choices and decisions to help enhance your day, your future, your life. Making choices and decisions for yourself, you will soon begin to experience a feeling of achievement, feelings of empowerment.
- Build on your Self Confidence – Build your self-confidence by getting in touch with your inner self. Write down the things you struggle to face because of your lack of confidence. Note your triggers, discuss them with someone you trust or speak with your life coach to look at ways forward.
- Start a journal – A journal can help you focus on your health and wellness journey. Keeping you focused on your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Use your journal to note the struggles and challenges you are currently facing. Journaling helps to recognise triggers, showing you the progress, you are making towards your new lifestyle. A journal keeps you focused and committed to your path.
- Positive thinking – Time to change those negative thoughts into strong positive ones. Your body reacts to what your mind is thinking. If you think negatively, your body responds negatively, leaving you vulnerable. Think positive the body responds more positively. You will learn to overcome challenges; your general health and wellbeing will improve.
Start today – wake up and start your day with a positive thought and a positive action. Remember, note the changes you are making to enable reflection and adjustments wherever they need to be adjusted. You have complete control.
When you apply these strategies, you will begin to feel more in control of yourself and your life, living a healthier lifestyle. Start this new journey with your spouse, a family member, or a friend. Even set it as a work task to help improve mind blocks, health and wellness within your work team, creating a more productive and more fulfilling workforce.
Need any more information, you can view the website www.carolynwellington.com or email Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org What are you waiting for – your new life, the more confident you can start today. You must want it, believe it, desire it. Only one person can change your life – YOU.
Interesting to think of difficulties from the past, blocking your path forwards,!!! something you can push away. I’ll give it a go, thank you Carolyn M