On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…twelve tips to stay healthy and happy. Check out my top 12 tips and tricks for staying on track this holiday season:
1. Workout each day in order to stay in a calorie deficit and avoid holiday weight gain.
2. Eat a high protein meal before you go to a party. This will keep you full and help avoid extra snacking.
3. Stick to meal times (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as much as possible. This will help avoid mindless eating and snacking throughout the day.
4. Eat slow and stop when you are 80 % full. In other words, stop when you are satisfied not when you are stuffed!
5. Bring your own healthy dish to the party so you can stay on track and share the love.
6. Always choose to snack on veggies instead of the high calorie and high sugar treats.
7. Drink water throughout the day. Besides the obvious hydration benefits this will also help keep you full throughout the day and help your body flush out toxins.
8. Use the “My Plate” guide to keep your portions in check. Your plate should be 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/8 starchy carbs (potatoes, bread, rice etc.) and 1/8 healthy fats.
9. Plan ahead. If you know you will be out and about shopping or playing, bring some protein bars, almonds or other healthy snacks.
10. Keep healthy snacks at the office so you aren’t tempted to eat all the treats and gifts coming in.
11.As always, focus on eating lean, clean and green as often as possible
12. Last but not least…EAT THE COOKIE & ENJOY IT! Don’t feel bad for living a little during the holidays!
For more ways to have a holiday email MadFitAz@gmail.com for a FREE Healthy Holiday H.I.I.T Guide.
Madison Murray is certified personal trainer, a group fitness instructor, a certified sports and exercise nutrition coach and a certified functional strength coach. For more information head to madfitaz.com or check her out on Instagram at @mmmadisonmurray