PHX Architecture asks, “What makes a great guest room?”
During the Holidays chances are you’ll either be a guest, or hosting guests, as families and friends travel far and near to celebrate together. PHX Architecture designs a lot of guest rooms and guest houses, and they asked, “what do you think makes a great guest room?” Here are some of the answers;
- Comfy bed with a lot of pillows- Nothing says “welcome” like a cloud to sleep on!
- A cozy bathrobe and plenty of towels and blankets- don’t force a guest to tiptoe around the house looking for more towels or blankets.
- Fresh flowers are always a nice touch- a warm welcome goes a long way!
- Carafe of water with a glass on nightstand- Guests hate waking up the rest of the house when they are thirsty in the middle of the night.
- A universal phone charger- From cell phones to tablets, your guests may forget to bring a charger for all of their electronics, keep them plugged in with a universal charger at their disposal.
- Open Wi-Fi connection- Make sure to write down the user name and password!
- Small clock with alarm- Time changes throw everyone off- don’t be late!
- Small mirror or vanity if the guest suite does not have an attached bathroom- let’s your guest get ready in the comfort of their own room.
- List of information on local interests, attractions, and suggestions on where to dine.
- Empty dresser, hangers in closet, or luggage rack- give your guest space to put their clothes or luggage if a closet is not available.
- Everyone forgets at least one thing when they travel- lessen the stress by having travel sized toiletries available!
- Stock bedside tables with reading materials for guests to unwind after a long day.
Let PHX Architecture know some of your tips and tricks for guest rooms on their Facebook page at: www.phxarch.com