When the celebs want a serene, desert vacation, they book their rooms at the picturesque Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa in Scottsdale. Whether you’re a star-studded out-of-towner or Valley local, you will absolutely love the famed resort’s new weekend happenings!
Fridays at jade: Music. Food. Starlight.
T.G.I.F.! Celebrate the start of the weekend and relax on Sanctuary’s jade bar patio and enjoy the fabulous views of Paradise Valley with live music, great food and chilled cocktails!
Vocalist Stephanie King will delight your ears from 8 to 11 p.m. with no cover charge. This talented artist is inspired by many genres of music and interprets songs in her own soulful style alongside Acoustic Guitarist Mark Hiiva.
Come hungry because Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan will dish out delectable small plates for your tasting pleasure. Plus, jade’s skilled mixologists will create tasty, colorful cocktails. Not a bad way to kick off the weekend, eh?
Sundays in Paradise: Music. Savor. Sunshine.
Now that the weekend’s coming to a close, it’s time for some relaxation, picnic-style! Wind down your weekend with Sanctuary’s Sundays in Paradise and enjoy an afternoon of hip and uniquely soulful music from such artists as Dennis Rowland, EastonAshe, Sugahbeat and the Walt Richardson Band. Throw in some blankets, delish food and drink selections, and you’ve got yourself a perfectly serene Sunday!
This brand new, gourmet picnic experience is a desert perk that you MUST try! Head to the grassy lawn from 2 to 6 p.m. and enjoy grill specialties created to perfectly pair with the day’s music. Choose the optional Picnic Package and enjoy an in-theme entrée, bottle of wine, a dining tray and even a blanket for the afternoon (or bring your own blanket)!
If you prefer à la carte food and drinks, choose from this amazing menu:
- Chef Beau MacMillan’s weekly grill selection to match the day’s music, with specialties like kobe beef hot dogs, jamaican jerk pork tacos, or caja china pulled pork sandwich with pineapple jerk slaw & cornbread
- tortilla chips – ($10) pico de gallo & guacamole
- chef’s hummus – ($10) grilled pita & crudités
- shrimp & avocado ceviche – ($10) served with tortilla chips
- charcuterie plate – ($20) roasted red peppers, caper berries, mustard, artisan bread
- imported & domestic cheeses – ($20) razz cherries, marcona almonds, crackers
- house smoked salmon – ($20) dill crème fraiche & toast points
No matter what you’ve got coming up on Monday, you’ll enjoy it more after a Sunday like this. Scheduled performances include:
- March 20 – Sugahbeat
- March 27 – EastonAshe
- April 3 – Dennis Rowland
- April 10 – Walt Richardson Band
- April 17 – EastonAshe
- April 24 – Closed
- May 1 – Sugahbeat
- May 8 – Closed
- May 15 – Walt Richardson Band
- May 22 – Dennis Rowland
- May 29 – EastonAshe
- June 5 – EastonAshe
For more information on these events at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, 5700 E. McDonald Drive in Scottsdale, call 480.948.2100 or visit sanctuaryaz.com.