If you haven’t yet heard, Banner Health’s Cardon Children’s Medical Center has a new and beautiful facility in Mesa. To celebrate this exciting grand opening, Arizonans are invited to bring the kids for an open house on Oct. 11 and a chance to tour the Center’s new home, enjoy games and refreshments and meet the event’s host, Emily Osment, from the hit Disney T.V. series “Hannah Montana”!
This open house, from 1 to 6 p.m., will allow families to experience the new state-of-the-art facility without the stress of a medical emergency or illness that often accompanies a hospital visit.
All the fun takes place right in front of the new facility. Kids can meet other kids while participating in the kid-friendly activities, guided tours with information about hospital services and indulging in delicious refreshments.
For all you with “Hanna Montana” fans, don’t miss Emily Osment who will be on hand from 2 to 4 p.m.
Participants are also invited to be a part of the cause and bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to Andrea’s Closet, a toy closet especially for Cardon Children’s patients.
Also, tell your youngster to bring his or her favorite stuffed animal or doll to the Teddy Bear Clinics, kid-focused lessons about doctors and health care.
About the new hospital:
This new hospital will include many benefits for patients, their parents, family and friends, including:
- New 7-story, Cardon Children’s Medical Center raises pediatric bed capacity to 248, up from 145.
- Project includes construction of first two floors of a future tower that will allow for future total of 369 beds.
- Expand the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – from 65 beds to 104 beds.
- Six new pediatric operating rooms featuring 35 private, child-friendly pre- and post-op areas.
- New and expanded Pediatric Emergency Department, increasing from 15 to 26 beds.
- Outpatient Treatment Center includes 16 beds that can serve as overflow for Emergency Department during peak evening hours.
- Dedicated Pediatric Radiology Department.
- Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation unit.
- Dedicated pediatric cancer and blood disorder unit.
- Dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with shelled space for future PICU expansion.
- Family-and child-centered Registration, Lobby, Chapel, and Gift Shop.
- Separate treatment rooms on every floor.
- Private patient rooms with ample space for patient and family members, including private baths.
- Family lounges, dietary stations and laundry rooms for family use.
- Interactive play/family spaces.
- Unique interior design that emulates nature scenes and individual houses at the entrance to every room.
- Forever Young Zone, a multipurpose auditorium/performance space, being designed by Steve Young’s
- Forever Young Foundation.
“We exist to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.” Banner Health
Cardon Children’s Medical Center
1400 S. Dobson Road
Mesa, AZ 85202