Proper No. Twelve has quickly become a standout brand – surging OVER 200% last year – becoming the fastest-growing Irish Whiskey – brands over 10,000 cases in Nielsen and NABCA. Proper No. Twelve (@properwhiskey) also has the highest social media following of any wine, spirit or champagne brand.
This brand is proper in every way, and here’s some insight as to why:
- The liquid. It isn’t your typical grain-only Irish whiskey – it’s a blend of golden grain and single malt resulting in a smooth and approachable taste with hints of vanilla, honey-like sweetness, and toasted wood.
- Affordable quality. At $24.99 per bottle, it’s accessible.
- Proper No. Twelve gives back. For each case sold, $5 is donated to First Responder organizations worldwide, up to $1 million annually.
The Notorious B.I.C (Banana Irish Coffee)
- Jesse Peterson, Morning Glory, San Diego & Chris Patino, Simple Serve
- 1.5oz Proper No. Twelve
- .5oz Heavy Cream
- .5oz Brown Sugar Syrup
- 3oz Cold Brew Coffee
- ½ of a ripe banana
- 2 cups ice
Proper Irish Coffee
- 2 oz Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 4 oz hot coffee
- .75 oz simple syrup
- 2-3 oz heavy cream
Directions: In a shaker or jar, shake or whip heavy cream until slightly thickened (not completely stiff). In a mug, add Proper No. Twelve Whiskey, hot coffee, and simple syrup. Stir. Carefully layer on top the thickened heavy cream until it covers the drink. Optional grating of nutmeg on top.
- 1.5 oz Proper No. Twelve
- .5 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Honey Syrup (1:1)
- Top w/ Hot Green Tea
Directions: Build in hot toddy glass or mug. Top with hot green tea. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
Proper Irish Float
- 2 oz Proper No. Twelve
- .5 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 2 oz Cola
- 3 oz Irish Stout Beer (i.e. Guinness)
- 1 large scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
Directions: Build in a glass, starting with ice cream first
Proper Hot Chocolate
- 1 part Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 4 parts Hot Chocolate
Directions: In a mug, combine hot chocolate and Proper No. Twelve. Top with marshmallows or whipped cream.
- 2 parts Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 3 parts Warm Apple Cider
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
Directions: Combine warm apple cider and Proper No. Twelve. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.