This take on a Southern classic is sure to bring a smile to the faces of your holiday guests, and is also easy to whip up for the perfect seasonal appetizer.
Cheese Spread Ingredients
- 12 oz of mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz of whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz of mayo
- 3 oz diced roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- Cajun seasoning
- Combine all ingredients and mix well either in a bowl or food processor, season to taste, refrigerate.
- Slice a baguette in slices a little thicker than a 1/4 inch, lay flat on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season. Place in a 300° oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove and begin spreading Palmetto cheese. Top with fresh sliced tomato and crumbled bacon.
- Arrange on your favorite platter and garnish with fresh parsley and sriracha.
- Pro Tip. Use whatever cheese you like in place of cheddar, although my recipe calls for cheddar. Basically any cheese would work and bring this dish your own personal touch.