Looking to keep that waist line in and tight end up this Super Bowl? Popchips brings the fun, not the fat for game time with some tasty treats courtesy of fitness extraordinaire Jillian Michaels. Snack lovers are sure to be pleased with these flavor packed finger foods.
Healthy and Hot Jalapeno Poppers
Topped with tortilla or katy’s kettle corn popchips
- Whole, fresh jalapenos (not canned)
- ½ tablespoon of fat free cream cheese or all-natural peanut butter
- Tortilla popchips or katy’s kettle corn popchips
- Set oven to broil at 500 degrees
- Cut each jalapeno in half and hallow out the seeds.
- Fill each jalapeno slice with a ½ tablespoon of fat free cream cheese or peanut butter
- Top each slice with fresh ingredients – finely diced tomatoes and onions for something savory
- Place jalapenos on a baking sheet and broil in oven for 6-8 minutes
- Once complete top your savory bits with cilantro and crushed tortilla popchips and for the sweeter bites add crushed katy’s kettle corn popchips. This recipe is a great option to also pair with original and salted caramel popchips.
Sweet Crunchy Chicken Salad
Sweetened with katy’s kettle corn popchips
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of crushed katy’s kettle corn popchips
- 7 tablespoons (about 2 ounces) coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full of water; bring to a boil.
- Wrap each chicken breast half completely and tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap. Add the chicken to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Unwrap chicken and shred; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Combine mayonnaise and the next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. Add chicken, 1/3 cup celery, cranberries, and almonds; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over salad greens.
Almond-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Crusted with cheddar potato popchips for added flavor
- ½ cup unsalted almonds, toasted
- ½ cup of cheddar potato popchips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4-to-5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place the almonds, popchips, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Process until coarsely chopped; the mixture will be a thick paste.
- Arrange the chicken breast halves in a baking dish. Divide the almond paste and spread on the breasts; pat down to cover each breast completely.
- Roast in the oven until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 deg F to 170 deg F, about 10 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
BBQ Hickory Cabbage
Topped with barbeque popchips for extra crunch and flavor
- Cups hickory wood chips
- 1 (2-pound) head green cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 links hot turkey Italian sausage (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Barbeque popchips
- Soak wood chips in water 1 hour.
- To prepare grill for indirect grilling, place a disposable aluminum foil pan in center of grill. Arrange charcoal around foil pan; heat to medium heat. Crumple a 12-inch-long piece of aluminum foil with your hands to form a 3-inch ring. Place foil ring on grill rack over foil pan.
- Cut core from cabbage to create a cone-shaped cavity about 4 inches wide and 3 inches deep. Discard core. Place cabbage, cavity side up, in foil ring. Sprinkle cavity with pepper and salt.
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in barbecue sauce. Spoon sausage mixture into cavity in cabbage. Tent cabbage loosely with additional aluminum foil.
- Arrange half of wood chips over coals. Cover grill, and grill 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Add additional wood chips and charcoal as needed. Remove foil from top of cabbage, and grill an additional 50 minutes or until browned. Remove any dried or charred leaves. Present stuffed cabbage whole, then cut into wedges.
- Top with barbeque popchips for crunch and extra flavor
Black Bean Dip
Pair with new veggie popchips
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced, canned chipotle chile in adobo
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place the beans, cilantro leaves, onion, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, chile, and salt. Process until the dip is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice or as needed.