Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain has announced its new “Bar Brawl” mixology competition series. The competition launches this weekend, July 19, with match-ups of top local talent at the resort’s jade bar every Sunday through Aug. 16. Weekly winners will advance to semi-finals on Aug. 23 and Aug. 30, and the champion brawl will be held Sept. 13. Bar Brawl events will also include DJ entertainment and a new menu of “Bar Brawl Bites” at happy hour prices, starting at 8 p.m.
Each brawl kicks off at 8:30 p.m. and goes three rounds focused on a specific spirit, with the program emceed by Executive Chef Beau MacMillan and refereed by Sanctuary’s lead mixologist, Eddie Aces. Resulting cocktails are judged by a panel of local celebrities, and the winner of two rounds on any given night will move to the semi-finals. The overall winner will receive a Las Vegas getaway.
The Bar Brawl line-up:
• July 19 – Vodka – Keifer Gilbert of Counter Intuitive vs. Andrew Calisterio of Crudo
• July 26 – Gin – Stephanie Teslar of Blue Hound Kitchen vs. Michael Liberatore of Citizen Public House
• Aug. 9 – Bourbon – Clint Spotleson of Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel vs. Tony Pharias of Tarbell’s
• Aug. 16 – Rum – Kyle Mason of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia vs. Alexa Bowler of Olive & Ivy
• Aug. 23 – Semi-finals
• Aug. 30 – Semi-finals
• Sept. 13 – Championship: Bar Brawl “Bar Master” crowned.