Name: Kate Wells
Married/Single: Married to Jeff for 21 years
Kids: Tessa – 16, Phoebe – 13
Live: Coronado Historic District, Phoenix
1. I was born… in Miami and am a second generation Floridian – which is almost as rare as a second generation Arizonan!
2. My favorite thing about Arizona… is that I could water ski and snow ski in the same day.
3. I’m listening to… Lorde, Ratatat, podcasts of RadioLab, almost anything on NPR, and a TED Talk every morning with my tea.
4. My family… is the coolest. I know other people think theirs are, but mine really is.
5. If I could have dinner with anyone, it would be… Mark Twain.
6. One thing I cannot live without… salt.
7. When I was younger, I wanted to be… a lawyer AND a Rockette!
8. I’m inspired by… smart, passionate people. My husband and daughters are all wicked smart and they all chase their bliss – and inspire me every single day.
9. The one person who motivates me is… me! Can I say that? My grandmother used to say to me “you have fire in your belly!”
10. If I could change anything in the world, it would be… to improve the health, safety, and education of young women – as they have the biggest potential to make the greatest positive change in their communities. Empowered and combined together, they have the power to change the trajectory of the history for the better.
11. The perfect day would be… such a cliché. I’d leave my Parisian pied-à-terre on a rainy, cool morning wrapped in fabulous scarf that I had tied like I was born French and chic. After a café au lait and a pan au chocolat, I’d spend the morning at Musée d’Orsay (and it would be closed to everyone but me!). My afternoon would turn sunny, and you’d find me strolling the Tuileries, the Musée Rodin and window shopping on St-Germain-des-Près. I’d wrap up my perfect day with a late dinner of escargot and champagne with mon amour….
12. My first job was… assembling skateboards at Vans California Daze at Metro Center Mall – dude.
13. My favorite escape… Cat Ba Island in Halong Bay, Vietnam.
14. My life… is one big adventure after another. Really.
15. I’m currently working on… improving education in Arizona. I think it is the single most critical issue in our state. Throw out ANY problem in Arizona, and I’ll tell you why our education system is at the core of the problem.
16. Always… try everything… TWICE.
17. Never… stop learning or trying new things.
18. Favorite Quote… Be the change you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Ghandi
19. Biggest Dream… I’m living the dream!
20. My Pet Peeve(s)… fussy eaters, cigarette butt throwers, closed-minded people, naysayers.
Click here to order a Trendsetters reprint.