I’m a sucker for the latest workout duds, and I admit I’ve spent a small fortune at lululemon (my addiction). But the truth is, you don’t have to spend a fortune to stay fit n healthy. And on the flipside, a Harvard Medical School study revealed that money worries can equal weight gain. So staying light in your purse can keep you lighter on your feet. Here are 10 proven ways you can save moola and stay fit and healthy…
1. Ditch the bottled water. Plastic water bottles are my pet peeve. Not only do they unnecessarily fill landfills, it costs a ton to schlepp case after case home from the grocery store. And that water inside them isn’t some magic potion; they’re often filled with plain old tap water. Reusable bottles save money in the long run and look way cooler (like these).
2. Gym jump! There are some amazing boutique gyms and specialized studios across the Valley, and most of them offer new student specials. Heck, Reformed Pilates even offers the first class for free. So get gym jumping!
3. Can the car commute. Granted, Phoenix is a sprawling city, and chances are your work isn’t walkable – but it might be bikeable! You’re save a ton of money on gas and get lean and mean doing it. For more reasons, click here: 5 Reasons You Should Bike To Work
4. BYOB (Bring your own (grocery) bags!) – Most stores give you a discount when you bring reusable shopping bags. It may just be a nickel, but that adds up. Save pennies and the planet!
5. Enjoy the outdoors! Running, hiking and trail running are all free. Get out there and enjoy the wealth of fab free trails across the Valley. Yard work also burns a ton of calories: 300+ and hour. Plant your own veggie garden, and you’ll save even more money!