By Chef William Turner
Everyone knows I am a huge fan of seafood and crab is probably my favorite food. I love it any way it can be prepared, but this recipe is near the top. I hope y’all enjoy. And remember, you can always substitute your favorite fish in place of halibut.
- Two 4-6 oz halibut (skin off)
- 6 oz lump crab
- 3 strips of bacon
- 3 oz diced red pepper
- 3 oz sliced green onion
- 2 oz panko
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp creole mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- old bay seasoning
- tony’s seasoning
- salt and pepper
- For this dish, it’s best to make the crab topping ahead of time. Start with the crab in a small mixing bowl, add creole mustard, peppers, onions, seasoning and mix. Place in refrigerator.
- In a skillet, melt butter and toast panko slightly, remove from heat and set aside.
- First I cook my bacon in a medium-high skillet, remove and place on a paper towel.
- I then add my well seasoned halibut and give it a good sear 2 minutes max. Top with crab mixture, bacon, toasted panko and parmesan cheese.
- Go directly into a 400° oven for 4-6 minutes until the fish is firm to the touch.
I like to make a cream reduction for this dish, however it’s really not needed. Other serving suggestions would be to serve over rice with mixed vegetables or simply enjoy it.