Looking for the ultimate potluck dish? Try out this rainbow-hued Caribbean salad from Pita Jungle that is sure to please all party-goers.
- ½ cup chopped iceberg/spring mix
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 sliced banana
- 12 fresh quartered strawberries
- ¼ cup of red seedless grapes
- ¼ cup of chopped pineapple
- 1 tbsp. small raisins
- Juice of ½ orange
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- 4 cups blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
Berry vinaigrette preparation: Wash and de-stem berries. Place berries, vinegar and sugar in a blender and emulsify for about 1 to 2 minutes on high speed. Fruit salad: Wash and chop fruit as needed. Mix with one tsp. of orange juice (half of an orange) on banana to keep fruit from browning.
To serve: Plating: place iceberg/spring mix on a plate. Place fresh fruit on the plate and drizzle the berry vinaigrette over the salad. Top with raisins and garnish with shredded coconut.