Flower Child is ringing in the New Year with a selection of health-focused limited-time menu items to make those New Year’s resolutions a reality. In addition to this tasty Ginger Broth with Sweet Potato and Kale Kimchee soup, Flower Child is also dishing up Charcoal Lemonade benefiting digestion; the Glow Bowl, a plant-based bowl made with spicy sweet potato noodles; and immune-boosting soups, Reishi Mushroom soup and Roasted Beef Bone Broth.
Ginger Broth with Sweet Potato and Kale Kimchee Soup
Makes six 12 oz portionsI
1 T grapeseed oil
¾ C yellow onion, medium diced
¼ C celery, peeled and medium diced
¼ C carrot, peeled and medium diced
1 T garlic, minced
2 T ginger, julienned
1 lb. savoy cabbage, medium diced
1 T salt
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
3 qt. water
1-3 tsp. vegan kimchee paste, to taste (recommended: Mama O’s)
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
1 ½ C shredded kale
1 T vegan kimchee paste
Toss ingredients to combine
Ginger Broth with Sweet Potato Soup
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large pot
- Add yellow onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and ginger, and sweat over medium heat for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add cabbage and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the salt, yeast and water, and simmer for 30 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Whisk in kimchee base, garnish with a large pinch of kale kimchee and toasted sesame seeds, and serve.