The World Monument Fund debuted a list of 67 endangered destinations around the globe.
According to the article by the Associated Press:
Syria and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis are among the diverse cultural heritage sites threatened by neglect, over development or social, political and economic change, a preservation group announced Tuesday.
The World Monuments Fund’s watch list for 2014 includes 67 sites in 41 countries and territories, from Japan to the United States.
Sites on the World Monument Fund’s 2014 watch list in the United States include:
- The Cloisters and Palisades – New York and New Jersey
- George Nakashima House, studio and workshop – Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Chinati Foundation – Marfa, Texas
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial – St. Louis, Missouri
- Taliesin – Spring Green, Wisconsin
Read the full article via The Huffington Post!
View the World Monument Fund’s watch list interactive map here!