How do we become successful and win the weight loss war? Well, first off….DO NOT try to lose weight. Yes we all need a reference point and an accountable measuring system to make sure we are staying on track….but why not focus so much on the number but more on being HEALTHY. I have learned so much over the last couple of years, battling both my body and my mind. The mind controls it all….the more mentally strong I became and changed my perspective and focus, my body began to change. Sometimes changing perspective and being good to yourself is part of what you need to succeed and BE FIT AND HEALTHY.
“Healthy is the NEW Black”
Many factors come into play but I have listed my own personal TOP 5 TIPS FOR 2015 that might help those that have not been successful in the past to change the outcome this year!
6. GET PLENTY OF SLEEP: Sleep deprivation leads to increased levels of the hunger hormone and may lead to overeating and weight gain. Also, those that don’t get 7-8 hours of sleep also have an increased level of cortisol, which may lead to tummy fat.
5. EAT PROTEIN FIRST WHEN EATING A MEAL: This may keep you from overeating during the rest of the meal as it helps you feel full and satisfied and may support healthy blood sugar levels.
4. FAIL TO PLAN, PLAN TO FAIL: Start prepping and packing your own meals. This will not only keep you from eating off your meal plan but also save you money from eating out. It can be hard to avoid social situations but if you are prepared it will help keep you from snacking on less healthy foods.
3. STOP THE LIQUD CALORIES: This is the easiest thing to stop and yet one of the hardest. Save hundreds of calories by exchanging water for fancy coffee drinks, soda, fruit juice and alcohol. Most people don’t drink enough water and now is a great time to start!
2. HIIT (high intensity interval training): HIIT combines periods of highly intense exercise, with less intense exercise, in intervals. HIIT helps you burn fat, and gets you fitter, quicker than steady state exercise. You also burn calories for hours after you are done.
1. BE POSITIVE AND DO NOT GIVE UP: Do not be so hard on yourself. You will not be perfect…even if you are moving at a snails pace you are still moving forward!
Best of luck and HAPPY TRAINING!
Thank you so much for reading!
Owner- Felicia Romero’s Fit Method (opening Feb 2015)