So happy to announce that my new gym, Felicia Romero’s Fit Method, had an amazing first couple weeks as well as an awesome turnout for the Grand Opening. It is such a gratifying feeling when a vision and something that I would think about everyday finally came to light! Life truly begins at the end of your comfort zone and trust me there have been many times during this process that I was pushed to my limit with fear, anxiety, overwhelmed and under rested. But, what I realized is that it is not so much the “opening up a business” that causes me fear and anxiety…for me it is the pressure that my dream will take more than just ME to make it work. It takes a team of passionate people all working toward the same goal.
One thing I have also learned is that I MUST take care of myself. There were times I went a whole day without eating, not enough water or sleep and mind working on overdrive. THIS IS NOT GOOD. If I am NOT good or sick then the business suffers…..so my biggest lesson is to take care of myself.
For those out there with a crazy schedule :
1. Food prep is critical- cook some meals at night to take with you the next day. Nourishing your body nourishes your brain.
2. Get SLEEP- so so important to get rest.
3. Get some sort of physical activity in- I have not had a chance to workout in a month and it actually has done more harm than good mentally. I have realized that I need to workout for my own mental state. It helps my anxiety and brings out positive endorphins.
4. Always try to remain positive- whether you have fitness goals or career goals positivity goes a long way…
Hope you all tackle the week and follow your dreams! Life is too short to not do what makes YOU happy!
Here is a quick workout if you are short on time:
1. Jump squats- 3 sets of 20
2. Walking lunges- 3 sets of 15/leg
3. Pushup (15 reps ) then hold in plank (45 sec)- 3 sets
4. Burpees- 3 sets of 15 then pair with a side plank each side (30 sec)
Thank you for reading!
Owner of Fit Method