The Carefree Sundial will be shining with talent at the 10th annual Rock The District as celebrity headliners, alumni who made it big, plus 30 student bands take the stage on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 to raise money for the Cave Creek Unified Education Foundation. This year’s Rock the District celebrity headliners include country stars Ryan Sims, Chad Freeman and Cali Rodi who will share the stage with some of Arizona’s best student bands.
Now in its 10th year, Rock The District has raised more than $200,000 benefiting Cave Creek teachers, students and schools. Tickets for this family-friendly event range from $20 to $75. Teachers and students with valid ID can get general admission tickets for only $10.
In its 10 years, the festival has been a launching pad for these young musicians’ careers. Rodi performed as a student at the very first Rock The District in 2009. She is now returning as a headline act after being signed by Keith Urban’s publishing company, BOOM.
Among the alumni students returning to their roots are Tia Penny the youngest to play in Alice Cooper’s Proof Is In The Pudding and Homestretch, the band that won third place. Also appearing is Promise To Myself, an alumni band whose music has been chosen by Dutch Bros. Coffee to play in their locations across the country.
This year’s special tenth anniversary event includes new features like:
- Sanderson Lincoln Black Label Lounge, a swanky place to relax with an adult beverage while enjoying the show
- VIP Tables, allowing concert-goers to see the show up close
- General Admission Tickets, allowing guests to rock the night away with the crowd
- Food trucks including Hibachibot, Munch Box, Firehouse Kettle Corn, and Kona Ice
- A silent auction, where bidding begins now online, and continues at the live event
- Online Tipping with a “Split The Tip” feature, providing half to the student performer and half to the school district
Rock The District will take place April 12 & 13, 2019 at East Sundial Circle, Carefree, Arizona 85377. Gates open at 5:00 p.m., and shows start at 5:30 pm. To learn more or to buy tickets, visit: rockthedistrict.net