Before it’s too late, take advantage of the last few days of Independents Week where many local AZ businesses are giving a 20% discount to promote a stronger economy in our very own community and to support small businesses.
All Independents Week asks in return is that you take a short pledge before downloading your “Golden Coupon”…
“YES! I understand that my dollars can help build a sense of place, a higher quality of life and a stronger economy!
I hereby take the pledge to buy locally during National Independents Week, June 29 through July 5, to help celebrate the diversity and vibrancy that makes me proud to call Arizona Home.”
Independents Week runs from Monday, June 29 to Sunday July 5.
Independents Week is also showing us how to shop local with these…
10 Tips for Shopping Local
- Plan your week: List all the things you do on a regular basis – lunch, groceries, etc. – and figure out a local alternative to the usual chain coffeehouse or mega-mart.
- Check out the “Golden Coupon” participants and download your ticket to saving 20%: Can these businesses help you hold up your end of the pledge this week?
- Download the “Small Wonders” map for shopping and dining destinations in Central Phoenix.
- Ask friends, family, colleagues for local recommendations.
- Review the Top 10 Lists of Favorites from Arizona leaders for their recommendations.
- Visit a Farmer’s Market to buy locally grown produce this week – or visit the Arizona Farm Bureau’s www.fillyourplate.org Web site to find local farmers and ranchers.
- Look for the round, black and red “Local First” stickers in store windows to be sure!
- Check the labels on the products you buy at local stores – and see if these items are made or grown in Arizona to double your impact.
- Always use the search directory at www.localfirstaz.com to look for products and services in a variety of categories and search by keyword, city or ZIP code.
- Tell your friends and family that You’re Going 100% Local and ask them to join you!
“Small businesses … serve a vital role in the state’s and local communities’ success.” — Former Governor Janet Napolitano proclaiming Independents Week.
A Touch of Warmth
Advanced Handyman Services LLC
Antigone Books (Tucson)
Arizona Art Supply
Auto Warranty Specialists-Warranties 4 Wheels
Bards Books A Community Book Store
Be You – Be Well Chiropractic
Body Soul Printing LLC
Bomberos Cafe & Wine Bar
Canelo Hills Vineyard & Winery
Changing Hands Bookstore
Chris’ Cafe (Tucson)
Community Tire/Auto Svc Specialists
D’Elia Photographic, LLC
Desert Song Yoga & Massage Center
Dog Eared Pages Used Books
Doggy Style Pet Gear
Down 2 Earth Gardens LLC
Duck and Decanter
Farrelli’s Cinema Supper Club & Catering
Framin’ Works Glendale
Framin’ Works Phoenix
Halo Precision Piercing LLC
Harper’s Nurseries & Flower Shoppe
Hoodlums Music and Movies
Hotel Valley Ho
J & W Bookkeeping (Tucson)
Jolta Java Coffee House & Cafe
just breathe, a wellness sanctuary
Kazimierz World Wine Bar
Kidstop Specialty Toys & Books
Lotus Massage & Wellness Center (Tucson)
Made Art Boutique
Mama Java’s CoffeeHouse
Mane Attraction Salon
Mood Swings Salon
Moonbeams- the sleep shop for little ones
Mrs. Tiggy Winkles Toys (Tucson)
Phoenix Rock Gym
Pink Spot Coffee and Ice Cream
Pop The Soda Shop
Practical Art on Central
ShopDevious.com Beauty Lounge & Boutique
Sierra H Broadcasting, Inc.
SuTRA Midtown Yoga
Sweet P’s Skin Care (Tucson)
The Cereal Boxx (Tucson)
The Flower Shoppe
The Mosaic Guys @ D&D Tile
Tony Felice PR & Marketing
Toque de Pasion Boutique (Tucson)
Two Plates Full
Uncorked – The Unpretentious Wine Bar
Wet Paint Artist Supply
Wist Office Products
You CAN Paint (Tucson)
Click here for more info on Independents Week in Arizona.