If you loved the movie, starring the hilarious Adam Sandler and set in the colorful 80’s, than you must see the Broadway musical! Nominated for five Tony Awards, including Best Musical, The Wedding Singer features all the characters, jokes and 80’s songs (including “Somebody Kill Me” and “Grow Old With You”) from the movie and is coming to Phoenix’s Orpheum Theatre on Nov. 12 through 15.
The Wedding Singer musical opened on Broadway at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre in 2006 and first went on tour in 2007.
The Wedding Singer Showtimes:
- Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday at 8 p.m.
- Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Sunday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Visit www.TheaterLeague.com for details or to purchase tickets.
Robbie Hart, the small town wedding singer, has a big heart. He has wanted to get married his whole life. Sadly, he is dumped at the altar by his stuck-up fiance. However sad this day may be he, it is the day he meets sweet waitress Julia Sullivan. Julia also about to marry someone not right for her. Robbie, the expert on weddings who has is currently sticking to Bar Mitzvahs and birthdays, agrees to help her plan. But through the planning process, they both discover more than a close friendship.
Songs in The Wedding Singer Musical:
- It’s Your Wedding Day – Robbie and Company
- Someday – Julia and Company
- A Note From Linda – Linda
- Pop – Holly, Julia, Glen and Company #
- Somebody Kill Me – Robbie
- A Note From Grandma – Grandma Rosie
- Casualty of Love – Robbie and Company
- Come Out of the Dumpster – Julia and Robbie
- Today You Are a Man – Sammy, George, and Robbie
- George’s Prayer – George
- Not That Kind of Thing – Robbie, Julia, Clerk, and Company
- Saturday Night in the City – Holly, Robbie, Julia, Glen and Company
- All About the Green – Glen and Company
- Someday (Reprise) – Julia
- Right in Front of Your Eyes – Holly
- Single – Sammy, George, Robbie and Company
- If I Told You – Robbie and Julia
- Let Me Come Home – Linda
- If I Told You (Reprise) – Robbie
- Move That Thang – Grandma Rosie, George and Company
- Grow Old With You – Robbie and Julia
- It’s Your Wedding Day (Finale) – Robbie and Full Company
The Orpheum Theatre is operated by the City of Phoenix Stages Division, which also runs Symphony Hall and the Symphony Hall Terrace. Friends of the Orpheum provide educational and restoration support through volunteer and fundraising programs. The 1,364-seat Orpheum audience chamber, now known as the Lewis Auditorium, dedicated to Jewell and Delbert Lewis and family, has 1,062 seats on orchestra level, 302 in the balcony. The auditorium complements the larger nearby America West Arena, Dodge Theatre and Symphony Hall, as well as the smaller stages of the Herberger Theater Center.
203 W. Adams St.