Calling all local Arizona student artists and designers! One of the most coveted events of the year, The Scottsdale Culinary Festival is looking for a new design for next year’s rampant “Eat, Drink and Be Pretty” poster. Not only will the winner see his or her design all over the Valley and at the event, but he or she will take home $1,000 cash prize!
***Deadline: September 30
Scottsdale League for the Arts, the nonprofit organization behind the Scottsdale Culinary Festival (SCF) will be the host for this open call to only students and non-professional designers and artists to create an original piece of artwork. Your pieces should reflect SCF’s theme of “Eat, Drink, and Be Pretty” and focus on food, wine or the culinary arts. The winning artwork will be featured on a poster used to market to the 32nd annual Scottsdale Culinary Festival running April 13 through 18, 2010.
- Artist will create a piece of work to be used in the marketing of 2010 Scottsdale Culinary Festival (SCF) as a poster.
- Piece should reflect theme of “Eat, Drink, and Be Pretty”, food, wine or culinary art. (For past artwork and any further information on Scottsdale League for the Arts (SLA) – proud presenters of the Scottsdale Culinary Festival – please visit www.scottsdaleculinaryfestival.org).
- SLA will retain all rights to use work in any manner chosen.
- Winning piece will be determined by an SLA committee.
- Final piece will be showcased at multiple SCF events, where the artist will receive recognition for their award-winning work.
- Scholarship: $1,000 cash and recognition at the 2010 SCF.
- Work will be featured on a special edition poster and other marketing materials. Work must be submitted no later than September 30, 2009.
About The Scottsdale League for the Arts: Scottsdale League for the Arts is a non-profit volunteer organization of accomplished men and women who promote awareness of the arts through social and educational opportunities. To foster and promote awareness in the Valley, the League raises funds for arts and art educational programs with broad and diverse expectations. From tasting wines while listening to an informative vintner, to just getting together for a meet and greet social, Scottsdale League for the Arts always hosts a wide spectrum of interesting events at various venues.
Tickets for the 2010 Scottsdale (Charity) Festival can be purchased at www.ScottsdaleCulinaryFestival.org. For more information call the Scottsdale League office at 480.945.7193.
Send your original art to:
Scottsdale League for the Arts
7309 E. Evans Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
For more information visit www.ScottsdaleCulinaryFestival.org.