There’ll be no double-dipping, sharing platters, or serving family-style this holiday season: These individual recipes are the perfect solution to enjoy the best party food, stick to social distancing protocol, and still be the life of the party for creating a beautiful tablescape and lifetime memories with yummy food inventions below!
Spice Up Your Salads
Put individual salads in any cup of choice! Martini glasses, champagne glasses, or even a margarita glass, all depending on your vinaigrette! T
The Fields of Greens & Chocolate Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad is guaranteed to be a show-stopper and you can make the dish inventive, tasty and pandemic friendly using the recipe below:
- Salad greens
- Red onion
- Pecans (toast then in the oven on 325 for 12 minutes if you have the time)
- Feta or goat cheese (optional)
- 1 small shallot
- Chic Chef Chocolate balsamic
- Chic Chef All-purpose EVOO
- Chic Chef Honey Garlic Mustard
- Wash and dry all produce put in a bowl
Make your vinaigrette:
- 1 cup Chic Chef Chocolate balsamic
- 1/4 cup Chic Chef All-purpose EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Chic Chef Honey Garlic Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon shallot
Whisk well, refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour over your salad mixture, then pile high in any glass of your choice!
Make the vinaigrette ahead of time for more flavor- will last up to 7 days refrigerated.
Sugar Cone Charcuterie Minis Are the New Charcuterie Boards
Serve an array of fruits, veggies, gourmet candy, cheeses, crackers, and more in a sugar cone! Easy, individual charcuterie boards are served in sugar or waffle cones, as charcuterie cups are fun bite-sized appetizers.
Start by filling the cones with all of your treats. Be sure to obtain different sizes and colors to make them as eye-catching as possible!
Prawn and Gazpacho Shots
- 24 large prawns peeled, deveined (tails intact)
- 1 tbsp Chic Chef All-purpose extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chorizo, cut into 24 slices
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 330g jar whole roasted peppers, drained
- 1 small shallot
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Chic Chef red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chic Chef All purpose extra virgin olive oil
Make Gazpacho: Remove and discard seeds from 1 cucumber. Finely dice and reserve. Peel and roughly chop the remaining cucumber.
Place in a food processor with tomato, peppers, eschalot, mint, vinegar, and oil. Season. Process for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl, until smooth. Pour into a fine sieve set over a large jug.
Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture through a sieve. Discard solids. Refrigerate, cover for 1 hour or until chilled.
Meanwhile, place prawns, oil, and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat (see notes). Thread 2 prawns onto each skewer.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook skewers for 1 minute on each side or until lightly charred and just cooked through.
Pour gazpacho evenly among 24 shot glasses. Sprinkle with diced cucumber and parsley. Place a skewer in each glass. Serve.
From mini versions of your favorite desserts to finger food served on sticks or in cute baskets, the possibilities are endless to create your COVID-Friendly party for all seasons!
– Nik Fields, owner of Chic Chef Co.