Chalkboard paint has been a top prospect for home decorators and Pinterest afficienados for some time now, so why not go all out and decorate with chalkboard paint?
Chalkboard paint can turn tabletops into a beautiful brainstorming space, it turns mismatched dishes into a customizable set of chalkboard china, and simply knows how to bring the party. Here are nine creative chalkboard paint projects you can DIY:
- Paint Those Wine Bottles: Painted wine bottles make great table numbers or favors at a a house warming or wine and cheese party.
- Chalkboard Drawers: Trouble remembering what’s in what drawer? Write down what goes where and everyone at home will follow suit.
- Workspace Bulletin Board: Love the idea of surrounding a workspace with places to draw and brainstorm. Saving trees and looking chic – its brilliant.
- Chalkboard Fridge: So cute and so easy! A great move for old or ugly refrigerators that you just can’t part with.
- Chalkboard Stairs: Adorable way to show off kids’ drawing skills. Or, add a quote or menu for the party. Options for this interesting detail are endless.
- Chalkboard Headboard: Write messages of love to your significant other whenever you go out of town or leave early in the morning. Or, simply add a to-do list that you can’t miss!
- Chalkboard Table Runner: Write up the menu for guests, or leave some chalk out and let the guests create works of art to make the evening memerable.
- Drink Labels: Forget about wine charms or keeping tack – use decals to keep track of whose drink is whose.
- Framed Chalkboard: For a pretty simple hack, get a gorgeous frame and paint it in with chalkboard. Cute, cheap, easy artwork.
Chalkboard paint is a great way to DIY any thing in a home, it provides a quick update to items that you just can’t part with quite yet.
How is your favorite way to use chalkboard paint?