It is summer time and many of us are going on a summer vacation. Whether it is Disneyland with the kids, an exotic beach location or camping in the wilderness you can still enjoy your vacay without packing on unnecessary pounds in the process. Of course we want to enjoy ourselves but we can still be proactive in making some good choices as well as get in some exercise without even trying.
Remember, health is a lifestyle and I know for me I LOVE food but I also love feeling good on my vacation and eating badly at every meal only leaves me tired, sluggish and NOT wanting to sport a bikini of any sort. So first thing I recommend is MODERATION. When you overeat or intake too much alcohol it leaves you tired and sluggish and will set you up for the rest of the vacation. Enjoy food and alcohol in moderation and remember it is a lifestyle.
Secondly, choose activities that are active. While on vacation you and the family can engage in fun and exciting activities that require some sort of physical movement. Walking, bike riding, kayaking, running on the beach.
To be honest…just making a conscious effort to be active will have you burning more calories than you think. For instance, walking the beach requires more effort because of the sand. If you are on a trip to Disney, you will walk miles and miles that day….so you get exercise without even trying.
So here are some healthy tips to take with you on your next vacation:
1. pack some healthy snacks like nuts and protein bars
2. Eat in at least one meal a day
3. Try to eat a lean protein with dinner.
4. Do not drink your calories
5. Try to drink a lot of water
6. Take a walk after dinner
7. Do not skip breakfast — try to eat fresh fruit vs fruit juices and take advantage of local produce especially if in another country.
8. Pack some digestive enzymes and probiotics- may help with digestion
9. Bring some resistance bands and pack sneakers
10. Share desserts
Thank you so much for reading!
Founder of Felicia Romero’s Fit Method