I’m in peach heaven! I love it when the supermarkets are stocked with the sweet superfruit, an antioxidant powerhouse packed with vitamin C. I eat them mixed with Greek yogurt and sliced almonds, as peach salsa and I make a mean peach caprese salad (peach slices + fresh mozza + basil = YUMMM!!!!). But one of my fave ways to eat the fuzzy fruit is grilled. And lucky for us, Sarah Jones, Nutrition Counselor for Mountainside Fitness, has a healthy grilled peaches recipe that tastes heavenly…
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Mascarpone Cheese (8 Servings)
2 tablespoons honeyß
1 vanilla bean pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
8 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
4 ripe but firm peaches, halved and pits removed
Canola oil for brushing
1. In a microwavable dish, nuke honey for 10 seconds.
2. Slit the top of the vanilla bean, run the blade of a paring knife on the inside of the bean and remove the seeds.
3. Add vanilla seeds and mascarpone cheese to honey. Stir to combine and set aside.
4. Heat a clean grill to medium-high.
5. Brush peaches with canola oil.
6. Place cut side down on grill for 5-8 minutes until grill marks appear and peaches begin to soften.
7. Remove peaches from grill, let cool to about room temp. Top each peach with about a tablespoon of the mascarpone mix.
Nutrition Content Per Serving: 153 calories; 8 g fat (4 g sat); 20 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 17 g sugar; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 5 mg sodium.
Still want something lighter? Just have half of a grilled peach, it’s about 70 calories. You can also try subbing out the mascarpone cheese for a small scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.