Pass up the mediocre punch recipes and serve this fruit-packed blood-colored concoction that’s sure to be a hit at any Halloween party. The best part? You can make it ahead so you can focus on perfecting your costume.
- 1 cup whole black grapes
- 1 cup whole green grapes
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle fruity red wine (like Pinot Noir or Beaujolais)
- 1 (12 oz.) can ginger ale
- colored sugar, for rimming glasses
1. Rinse and de-stem grapes, then pat dry. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, then place in freezer at least 2 hours before you plan to serve.
2. In a large glass pitcher, combine 1/2 of the orange slices, lime and lemon slices. Add the brandy and cinnamon stick and stir gently to combine. Slowly pour in wine. Refrigerate sangria for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight (a longer chill time will increase flavor).
3. When ready to serve, add the ginger ale to the pitcher and stir gently with spoon. To sugar the glass rims, place the colored sugar on a plate and rub orange slice around the glass rim. Dip the rim of each glass into the sugar, coating well. Fill glasses with frozen grapes and reserved orange slices, then slowly pour in the sangria. Sip immediately and enjoy.
Recipe from wellplated.com.