Cinco de Mayo isn’t the the same without some tequila-infused cocktails. Paired with some delicious Mexican fare like guacamole and chilaquiles, celebrate with a classic margarita or a fruit-infused tequila medley.
1 1/4 pounds fresh mangoes
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
For the drink:
3 cups ice
1 1/2 cups Mango Margarita Mix
4 ounces tequila
2 ounces triple sec
Mint Salt, recipe follows
- Peel and pit the mangoes and cut them into large chunks. Place the mango in a blender with the water, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more sugar, if necessary.
- Fill the blender with ice and add the Mango Margarita Mix, tequila, and triple sec. Blend until smooth. Rub the rim of a margarita glass with a lime wedge and dip into Mint Salt to coat rim. Fill glass and enjoy!
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup gray salt or coarse sea salt
Clean and dry mint and roughly chop. With a mortar and pestle, crush equal parts fresh mint and salt.
2 fluid ounces blanco tequila
1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 fluid ounce Grand Marnier
1/2 fluid ounce agave nectar
- Mix all ingredients in a mixer.
- Shake and pour liquid over ice.
- Can salt the rim of glass using for serving.
4 Lime wedges
2 tablespoons coarse sugar
2/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
2 cups ice cubes
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup tequila, optional
- Using lime wedges, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Set aside limes for garnish. Sprinkle coarse sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- In a blender, combine the lemonade concentrate and raspberries; cover and process until blended. Press mixture through a fine sieve; discard seeds. Return raspberry mixture to blender; add the ice, strawberries, blueberries, sugar and tequila if desired. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes.
- Add a slice of fresh papaya and agave nectar to a mixing glass.
- Muddle to release the papaya flavor.
- Combine ingredients in shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain over ice, and garnish with a fresh slice of papaya