If you ask me, it’s great to be an Arizonan during the summer time. Local businesses are creating great promos to lure us out of our air-conditioned homes and into our hot cars. One such special is St. Francis’ new mid-day snack menu. Until 5 p.m., guests at the Phoenix restaurant can order any of the following goodies at stellar prices:
• Tomato soup- with eggplant, caponata and mint ($6)
• Potatoes- crispy fingerlings with rosemary, sage and lemon aioli ($6)
• Baked goat cheese- with walnut herb pesto, tomato and toasted crostini ($9)
• Chopped romaine- with summer vegetables, smoked bacon, buttermilk cheddar dressing (half $5/full $10)
• Chicken salad- with zatar spice, currants, pine nuts, flatbread ($14)
• Pork chile verde- with jack cheese and home-made cornbread ($12)
• French onion burger- with smoked bacon, gruyere cheese, crispy onions ($13)
• Chocolate cake with peanut butter gelato, caramel sauce, homemade caramel corn ($7)
• Sticky toffee pudding, sweet cream gelato ($7)
Better yet, from 2:30 to 5 p.m., St. Francis will dole out free–yes, free–bar snacks including flatbreads, mesquite-roasted almonds, house-made potato chips and marinated olives along with $3 draught beer, $5 specialty cocktails and $10 carafe wine specials. http://www.stfrancisaz.com/.
This weekend, the Valley welcomes the 2018 Street Eats Food Truck Festival and Arizona Strong Beer Festival.