From accidents to road rage, not every driver obeys the rules of the road.
Insurify, a website that helps consumers compare insurance plans, sought to find out where the rudest drivers nationwide can be found.
The website referenced 4 million car insurance applications that it has received this year to determine the number of drivers in 869 cities across the country that had one or more of the following violations on their records:
- Failure to yield
- Failure to stop
- Improper backing
- Passing where prohibited
- Street racing
The cities with the highest shares of drivers with these violations were determined to be those with the rudest drivers by Insurify.
In Arizona, Flagstaff tops Insurify’s list with 35 rude drivers per 1,000 motorists. Flagstaff drivers are also 43% ruder than the state average, according to the study.
5 cities with the rudest drivers
- Rancho Cordova, California: 65.37 per 1,000
- Citrus Heights, California: 64.14 per 1,000
- Ventura, California: 64.03 per 1,000
- Hampton, Georgia: 62.35 per 1,000
- Petersburg, Virginia: 53.36 per 1,000
5 cities with the most polite drivers
- Somerset, Kentucky: 1.62 per 1,000
- Corbin, Kentucky: 1.86 per 1,000
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico: 3.8 per 1,000
- Metairie, Louisiana: 17.94 per 1,000
- Southaven, Mississippi: 19.3 per 1,000
Read the full report here.