The time has come to bust out those short shorts and show off your sexy & strong summer legs! Not feeling so sexy? Here is a lower body + cardio workout that you can do to start feeling your absolute best. Get ready for long lean legs, no high heels needed.
What you will need: Medium Weights (Optional)
- Warm up: Complete each move for 30 seconds. Then repeat. 3 minutes total.
- Workout: You have 3 sets. 4 exercises in each set. You will do each exercise for the set amount of reps. Take a short rest then repeat for 3 rounds total. Rest for 1-2 min. Repeat and complete all 3 sets.
- Warm up:
- 30 seconds of high knees
- 30 seconds of air squats
- 30 seconds of alternating step back lunges
And repeat twice!
Set 1: Repeat 3 times
- 16 Pulsing squats
- 8 Side lunges (Right)
- 8 Side lunges (Left)
- 16 Drop squats
Set 2: Repeat 3 times
- 16 Sumo squats
- 8 Single leg deadlift (Right)
- 8 Single leg deadlift (Left)
- 16 Lunge jumps ( 8 each leg)
Set 3: Repeat 3 times
- 16 Calf raises
- 8 Pulsing lunge (Right)
- 8 Pulsing lunge (Left)
- 16 Squat jumps
- High Knees: Drive your knees to your chest while pumping your arms as you run in place.
- Air Squats: Feet outside of your hips. Think of sitting back in a chair, keeping your chest up. Stand back up. Focus on squeezing your glutes at the top of the move.
- Alternating step back lunge: Starting with feet together. Step back into a lunge. Keep your chest up. Watch that your front knee does not go over your toes. Keep your core tight as you come back to the standing position. Repeat on the other side.
- Pulsing squats: Feet outside of your hips. Think of sitting back in a chair, keep your chest up. Keep legs at 90 degrees. Pulse up and down for set amount reps. *Add weight
- Side lunge: Pictured. *Add weight
- Drop Squats: Jump down into a full squat. Butt back, chest up. Jump back up to the standing position. Repeat as quickly as you can for the set amount reps.
- Sumo Squat: Sit into a squat. Turn your toes and your knees out. Keep your chest up. Stand it up keeping your legs wide and toes turned out. *Add weight
- Single leg deadlift: Have a soft bend in the knee of the standing leg. Keep your chest up, hips square. Think about hinging at your hips as your body falls forward. Keep your core and glutes tight as you bring it back up to the standing position. Repeat on the other side. *Add Weight
- Lunge jumps: Start in a lunge position. Chest up, front knee stays right above the big toe. Jump up as you switch legs, landing with the opposite leg in front.
- Pulsing lunge: Stay in lunge position. Chest up, front knee stays right above the big toe. Pulse up and down for set amount reps. *Add weight
- Calf Raise: Press your hips forward. Squeeze glutes. Press up until you are on your toes. Slowly lower down. *Add weight
- Squat jumps: Start in a squat position. Power through your legs as you jump up. Land softly in squat position.
Madison Murray is a certified personal trainer, group fitness instructor and a certified sports and exercise nutrition coach. For more information visit www.madfitaz.com or check her out on instagram at @mmmadisonmurray