Hi everyone and HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all the mom’s out there!
I wanted to give a quick overview of the quickest way to lean out the abs as well as beat the bloat….especially since summer is here and many of you will be hitting the pool , beach or vacations. The only way to truly shed fat is to have a healthy and clean diet. When you hear the phrase “abs are made in the kitchen”, this is so very true. Yesterday I was just featured on CBS 5 news going over the BEST foods for your abs and why they are so good as well as going over some ab exercises that you can do in addition to a healthy diet.
1. Water – staying hydrated keeps your body for retaining water as well as keeps your metabolism going.
2. Lemons- helps to detox- I squeeze in my water
3. Asparagus- natural diuretic. Great to add to diet when wanting to shed some water weight.
4. Lean protein- keeps insulin levels steady. Helps metabolism .
5. Apples- the fiber in apples aids in digestion and helps with bloat. aim for 1-2 apples a day
In addition to healthy foods you can also add these AB EXERCISES into your routine as well:
1. Reverse crunches- back on the ground, legs straight up in the air and lift hips toward ceiling (works the lower ab)
2. Side planks- works the oblique
3. Frogger crunch- feet are together , knees out and crunching elbows toward knees
Aim for 4-5 sets of 15-25 on each exercise.
WATCH THE CBS NEWS SEGMENT HERE: ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN – CBS SEGMENT – WATCH HERE