With the ever-changing developments in skin-rejuvenation technology, there is no need to simply “grow old gracefully!” Rewrite your skin’s future and regain your own youthful glow with microneedling treatments available via the professional and knowledgeable aestheticians at the Spa at the Village.
Benefits of Microneedling
Results of microneedling can include reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Microneedling creates superficial micro-channels, which can be used with topical gels, serums and creams to help improve the appearance of the skin. DC Ranch Village Spa incorporates the use of the Eclipse MicroPen® Elite, the latest innovative technology for microneedling available on the market. An automated microneedling device (also known as epidermal collagen induction therapy CIT) that serves as a safe alternative to common skin resurfacing tools such as lasers and dermal rollers, the MicroPen® Elite is affordable and effective; requires minimal downtime; and provides natural looking results.
Mirconeedling: the Procedure and Recovery Process
At the DC Ranch Village Spa, treatment begins with a dermaplane of the face for optimal microneedling results. Dermaplaning is an exfoliation process during which an aesthetician gently scrapes away the top layer of dead skin cells, resulting in smoother, brighter skin. A topical numbing cream is then applied to the areas that will be treated. The client is then invited to unwind in our relaxation room for 30 minutes while the numbing cream takes effect. Once the client returns to the treatment room, the aesthetician removes the numbing cream from the first area being treated, and then applies the numbing cream to the second area to be treated.
A sterile disposable cartridge containing 12 points is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen®. A trained and skilled aesthetician applies a thin layer of topical hyaluronic serum to the skin and selects the appropriate pen setting based on each client’s unique needs and areas of the skin that will be treated. In a single motion, the pen is gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
After a treatment, patients instantly notice a “glow” to their skin.
Immediately after the treatment, patients experience a bright redness to the skin. The total healing time depends on the Eclipse MicroPen® setting used, the number of overlapping passes the skin care professional performs and each individual’s natural healing process. On average, clients report “redness” for as little as two days or up to four days; however, many clients heal completely in as little as 24 hours.
How Many Treatments are Needed?
Some clients only require a single treatment once a year to achieve and maintain optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of two to three treatments spaced about six to eight weeks apart.
- It is not necessary to wash the face the night following treatment if sunscreen has not been applied. Simply reapply the HYLA3D (or other hyaluronic acid serum) and a recommended growth factor serum or cream.
- Use only gentle skin care products for the first three days.
- On day three, Clean Zyme, Jan Marini’s papaya-based enzyme cleanser, may be used to help gently remove any peeling/flaking.
- Avoid makeup, retinoids, glycolic acids, vitamin C products and sunscreens for the rest of the day following the procedure. However, specific post-procedural mineral makeup (such as the Jane Iredale line), and physical-based sunblocks containing zinc and/or titanium dioxide are safe for same-day use.
- Avoid any sun exposure for 24 hours. After that, apply sunscreen with SPF 30 daily, reapplying every 90 mins if outdoors. Avoid sun exposure for the next week, when possible.
- Avoid swimming, strenuous activity or exercise, hot yoga, and steam, sauna or hot tub exposure during the first 24 hours following treatment.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for the skin’s rejuvenation. Use Tylenol if needed, for any soreness.
Ready to get started? Set up a personalized consultation with a Village Spas Aesthetician and regain your youthful glow.