When the makings for a fantastic springtime day all fall into place with little effort (this WEATHER!), the thought of cooking a feast for a special event makes us feel a little bit…not worthy.
Well, lucky for us, the Valley is home to Benedict’s Catering, your pick for Best Caterer in the Valley and purveyors of unbelievably delectable dishes and absolutely beautiful florals. One five-minute call, and you’ve transformed your little get-together into a soiree to remember.
Owner Dawn Kennington-Bejar has culinary secrets up her sleeves year-round, no doubt, but we tend to always look forward to an ultra-refreshing springtime menu, like this one she just released. A delectable pasta salad, sour cream coffee cake or quiche sounds right up our alley.
And speaking of scrumptious egg dishes, Kennington-Bejar has generously offered to share a special frittata recipe with the readers of AZFoothills.com to whip up for their next al fresco breakfast. Enjoy!
Benedict’s Catering’s Herb and Parmesan Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping crème
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each of finely chopped fresh rosemary, thyme and tarragon
- Canola pan spray
- One glass or ceramic quiche or pie dishPosition rack in the middle of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray ceramic pie dish with canola spray.In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, ground mustard, and paprika until well blended. Whisk in the crème, herbs, and cheese. Slowly pour the mixture in the pie dish.Bake the frittata until the top is lightly browned and the center is set when you give the dish a gentle shake, approximately 30 minutes. Remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
About Dawn Kennington-Bejar
After spending more than 20 years planning countless events as a corporate executive—but never finding the perfect caterer—Arizona native Dawn Kennington-Bejar launched Benedict’s Catering in 2003. What began as a small business run out of a home kitchen quickly became the go-to caterer for high-end retail events. Ten years later, Benedict’s is now recognized as one of the Valley’s best corporate and private caterers.