School will be out before you know it, and temps in the Valley are quickly climbing into the triple digits. Kids are looking for some fun in the sun, and relief from the heat at local pools and waterparks. But there heat-related dangers also exist as the temperatures rise. For the third year in a row, Ford Motor Company and Big Surf Waterpark have teamed up with the Salvation Army for the Ford EcoBoost Challenge Bottled Water Drive.
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, more than 1500 weather-related deaths from exposure to heat have occurred in Arizona since 2000. To combat this, Phoenix-area Ford dealerships will be collecting cases of water to use in hydration stations set up by the Salvation Army on days with excessive heat warning, as part of the Extreme Heat Hydration Program.
Each person who donates a case of water at a participating Ford dealership between now and May 31 will receive a half-off admission voucher to Big Surf Waterpark (maximum of four vouchers per person for a donation of four cases of water). Each participating dealership has 200 vouchers to be given away, redeemable during the months of June and July.
“This is our third annual water drive in partnership with the Salvation Army and in the spirit of our ‘Go Further’ mantra, we’re proud to provide a $20,000 grant via our Operation Better World Phoenix program,” said Steve Papanikolas, Phoenix regional manager for Ford Motor Company. “We hope our Ford customers – and those new to Ford – will stop by a dealership with their water donation and, in turn, get a little fun out of their good deed with discounted admission to Big Surf Waterpark.”
Those interested in supporting the Ford EcoBoost Challenge Bottled Water Drive may drop off their donation at any of the following 13 Valley Ford dealerships through May 31:
- AutoNation Ford of North Scottsdale, 8555 E. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Scottsdale
- Bell Ford, 2401 W. Bell Rd., Phoenix
- Berge Ford, 460 E. Auto Center Dr., Mesa
- Camelback Ford, 1330 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix
- Chapman Ford, 7100 E. McDowell Rd., Scottsdale
- Earnhardt Ford, 7300 W. Orchid Ln., Chandler
- Peoria Ford, 9130 W. Bell Rd., Peoria
- Robert Horne Ford, 3400 S. Tomahawk Rd., Apache Junction
- Rodeo Ford, 13680 W. Test Dr., Goodyear
- Sanderson Ford, 6400 N. 51st Ave., Glendale
- San Tan Ford, 1429 Motorplex Loop, Gilbert
- Surprise Ford, 16825 W. Waddell Rd., Surprise
- Tom Jones Ford, 23454 W. U.S. Highway 85, Buckeye
While dropping off water at one of these locations, be sure to take the EcoBoost Challenge on the all-new Edge, the performance oriented Focus ST, or the brand-new all-aluminum F-150.