To end your Labor Day celebration, whip up this easy, light strawberry shortbread dessert, courtesy of Meiomi wines and perfect for serving with a class of crisp rosé.
Carton of strawberries
8 oz. container of Madagascar vanilla crème fraîche
2 shortbread cookies
- Remove strawberry stems and chop coarsely with paring knife. Add to serving bowl.
- Chop up shortbread cookies and toss over strawberries
- Spoon a dollop of crème fraîche over strawberries and butter cookie
- Serve with a teaspoon.
Tips and Wine Pairing:
● This dessert pairing is perfect for a hot summer afternoon and can be prepped a day in advance. Just add them together right before you are ready to serve!
● The strawberry notes of a crisp Meiomi rosé and the brightness of a juicy strawberry pair perfectly with the crunchy and creamy textures of shortbread cookies and vanilla créme fraîche.
● If you want to pair a crisp rosé that has hints of fruit, choose a cheese with matching zing, like créme fraîche, fresh goat cheese or a triple crème. The rich, silky texture of cheese helps balance the acidity and leaves a creamy finish.