Work is already underway for what is the biggest renovation project since the resort opened nearly 30 years ago.
We are talking about one of our forever favorite resorts in the valley, The Phoenician. If you thought this resort was top-of-the-line before, just wait until it unveils its new look. The Phoenician’s renovations will bring to the resort a more contemporary vibe, and will play off of its surrounding Sonoran Desert full of rich tones and warm hues.
The first phase of the renovations began last year and involved the redesign of all casitas and guestrooms at the resort, as well as the complete makeover of The Canyon Suites.
Now, amidst the second phase of renovations, we are anxiously awaiting what may feel like a completely new resort.
Here’s what will be revealed once renovations are complete:
- New Main Lobby
- New Main Lounge – The Thirsty Camel will now have floor-to-ceiling views as well as new seating to make this spot more relaxed.
- Afternoon Tea Court – Indulge in a famous traditional English experience in the Valley with this new venue at the resort.
- Mowry & Cotton – Previously Il Terrazzo, the restaurant will be re-concepted as Mowry & Cotton and will feel more lively and approachable, with a menu that offers indigenous flavors.
- Pool Complex – More deck space will be added to the pool area to make room for more seating and VIP areas. New fun things for the kids including a waterslide and a tree house, as well as other family-friendly activities, will also be unveiled. An adult-only hot tub will be added for a relaxing night, and the current bar & grill will be repurposed as the Kalio Kabobery for guests to enjoy some beautiful views and Mediterranean-inspired food.
- The Shops at The Phoenician – The retail area at the resort will feature specialty stores including apparel, jewelry, and gift shops.
- Cafe and Ice Cream Parlor – This resort favorite will have a new layout and menu when it is re-introduced as The Marketplace – a great spot for guests to grab some food on the go.
- Spa – The Centre for Well-Being will become The Phoenician Spa, which will be a haven for all things spa. This three-story spa will have a rooftop pool, 24 treatment rooms, a Drybar, fitness center, and much more.
For more information on The Phoenician and its renovations, visit here.
The Phoenician is located at 6000 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale AZ 85251.