The third phase of one of our Valley faves, The Phoenician are about to begin, and we are beyond excited about what these renovations will bring to the resort.
The resort has already completed some serious renovations that happened last summer including guestrooms, suites, and The Canyon Suites, as well as the resort’s lobby, pool area, spa and more.
As if that wasn’t enough, they are continuing the resort’s new look by building a brand new Athletic Club as well as a redesign of the golf course.
The Athletic Club
This two story club will have more than you will know what to do with.
Exclusive to resort guests, the new Athletic Club will have the following:
- Tennis Center featuring 7 tennis courts, 2 pickleball courts, and 1 basketball court
- 2,100+ square-foot Activity Center housing an arcade, TV gaming area, board games, shuffleboard, movie area, and more
- Retail shop
- Food and drink area with to-go items as well
- 4,600+ square-foot Fitness Center featuring Matrix equipment
- Movement studio with “fitness on demand” technology that will provide access to hundreds of virtual classes
- Stunning views of Camelback Mountain thanks to the fitness center’s floor-to-ceiling windows
The Athletic Club is set to be completed by March 2018.
The Golf Course
Going from a 27-hole course to an 18-hole course, The Phoenician Golf Course will be a completely new course by the time it opens back up in 10 months.
Headed by Phil Smith, the architect whose prior work includes working with Jack Nicklaus, Tom Weiskopf, TPC Scottsdale, Desert Mountain Apache, and Chiricahua courses, and much more, the renovations are bound to be fabulous.
The course, upon completion, will have a more consistent profile throughout and be the ideal spot for a relaxing and luxurious round of golf.
For more information about the renovations occurring at The Phoenician, visit their website here.