This week, top-producing real estate sales consultant Claire Gladstein of The Jason Mitchell Group explains how to end the year on a strong note with real estate sales.
The holiday season is here and many Realtors are inclined to take their foot off the gas. Sometime we’re too quick to use December as an excuse as to why we can’t close as many sales. Yes, December is different than any other month of the year, but for that reason, it creates some huge opportunities for us!
As one expert said, “Contrary to traditional thinking, December is a great month to be selling. Don’t allow yourself to be swayed by the masses. Don’t look at the holidays as a time to kick back and relax. Let your competitors take that route while you go out and make it happen!” I love this!!!
Tips From The Experts
Here are some points to keep in mind that I’ve gathered from some of the best in the business:
- This has been a good year for many companies financially and that means bonuses and raises for their employees. As a result, buyers may be willing to make purchasing decisions they were hesitant to do earlier in the year.
- The New Year means creating new budgets, and finding ways to save money next year. If someone is currently renting they may be wanting to buy a home now to save on their taxes next year.
- December is the month where people are most likely to reflect back. In that reflection, they better understand problems they didn’t deal with properly.There is nothing quite like a customer realizing they have a problem you can help them solve.
- This is a perfect time to call every one of your customers to thank them for their business and wish them Happy Holidays. These calls can and will open up new opportunities!
- Many people have the most vacation time to use up in December, meaning your calls to the person you can’t reach at other times of the year may just get through!
I’ve personally found the end of the year has a way of creating urgency in buyers, especially this year with the rumors of more interest rate hikes next year. Call the clients you’ve put on hold or haven’t spoken to in awhile and see how they’re doing and what they’re thinking. Put your foot back on the gas!
Keeping Your Balance
That said, it’s not easy to balance all that we have going on at this time of year. The holidays are loaded with extra work, parties, activities, vacations, major expenses and it can get chaotic. Taking on a ‘go-go-go’ mentality to keep up with it all is expected, but don’t forget to make some time for you. If you neglect yourself in trying to keep up with it all you could end up burning out.
Take some time to get organized now! Open your planner or calendar and schedule the rest of your month. Try to work in gym time and a night or two in for relaxation. Skip that Sunday brunch and spend the morning in bed watching a favorite show or reading a book. Do whatever it is you like to do — just don’t forget to do YOU!
As Real Estate Agents it’s easy to stick with what has always been working for us. This time of year reminds us that we have to change some of the ways we’ve been used to doing things, to reevaluate and renew our approach. Try something new…you may surprise yourself and end up having your best year yet!
Claire Gladstein 602-373-6287 firstname.lastname@example.org