It is no secret that my wardrobe often involves a lack of color. Not that I am opposed to any other shades but somehow I have settled into a signature of neutrals with a hint of color thrown in every once and a while. Months ago I was in a web reality makeover show where I helped make over four amazing women from makeup to hair to wardrobe. Ironically, I was the one who didn’t have the right clothes for each taping. The producers wanted me to wear “bright colors” of which I owned zero. So while the other experts were generally clad in sunny optimistic shades, I was the one who was primarily in black.
If you read this blog you know that I am always trying to branch out into a myriad of different shades…I can handle blues, greens and even own a yellow item or two….but recently I have been really drawn to all those sweet sorbet shades that are everywhere.
While writing yesterday’s blog on Cannes I spotted these darling pieces on Who What Wear and had to share them… perhaps I will be snagging a few of these for myself.
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Teeny Triangle Bikini ($250) This papaya bikini from 3.1 Phillip Lim. Is the perfect pink and black combo a pairing that often makes me cringe..but this one…LOVE!
2. Urban Outfitters Chevy Stripe Round Wayfarer Sunglasses ($16)
These bright striped sunnies from Urban Outfitters are an affordable and chic choice for summer. Don’t be caught without a little eye protection… especially on those days when you are skipping the makeup.
3. Mulberry Beach Tote ($695, 212.453.4722) in Trippy Tiger
Mulberry came up with just the right mix of classic and modern and who doesn’t want a tiger print in pink no less?.
4. Equipment Mina Blouse ($148, 212.473.3980) in Berry Pin Stripe
Watermelon and white… it even sounds summery. This little blouse is a great partner to a pair of white jeans, denim cutoffs or a cut little skirt.
5. Juicy Couture Scalloped Linen Romper ($158) in White
The delicate, scalloped details on this romper are so darn cute and can be transformed by switching accessories and shoes. A good summer pick for sure!
6. Current/Elliott Stiletto Pants ($198) in Nantucket
I have been wanting a pair of color denim but haven’t been able to commit these Current/Elliott slightly faded, brick red hue and skinny silhouette might just be perfect.
7. J. Crew Silvana Sandals ($98) in Rustic Barn
Wedges and heels are always the rage but when you are at an outdoor event these sandals from J. Crew are a great alternative. The color is uber cool and works with neutrals, brights and pastels.
8. ASOS Linen Pleated Full Skirt ($46) in Pink I might be a tad beyond wearing a full skirt like this but the good news with a fuller cut as opposed to a mini is that you don’t have to worry about every bend, sit and move you make.
9. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color ($25) in Morning Rose
A perfect pink for your piggies! Classic and fresh!